OMG!!

The new default is holding ALT as modifier key and clicking on the touchscreen.

You can change that setting in the LCD Settings dialogue.
While I'd prefer touch and hold to right click it has never worked for me reliably, so now I use this new setting. I'm wondering if there's any way to change the modifier though, Alt is in a somewhat inconvenient place for this (and is somewhat stiff on my keypad) Is there any way I can use Shift as the modifier instead? (though I may have to move the move window function back to Alt if I did that)

- Neelix

Congratulations  :)   Can't recall the button combo as don't have mine at present but there's a combo that refreshes the desktop and can avoid the need for a restart if pnds aren't showing up.  Pndmanager is awesome and nicely presented and android is well worth a go.  Have fun! 

Sometimes it only appears on the desktop and/or start menu after a restart. Not sure why. Anyone ..?
I've consistently been able to prevent new PNDs from not appearing by tapping the menu while they're loading: ie, I'll do a mv (move) on the command line and immediately tap the menu, at which point the PND Daemon wakes up and tries to add the new PND to the menu and desktop but it can't because the menu is already being read; it's a race condition with no apparent way of knowing who won.I've heard others say that occasionally they just won't appear even without touching the menu, but I've never been able to reproduce that.

Instead of rebooting, you can just eject the card and reinsert it.

It could be the PND Manager (you have been doing this with PND Manager, yeah? Not PND Store or something?) might be doing something unexpected with the file which is causing its own race condition. I have no idea, haven't had any problems with it myself.

I had a fair bit of trouble getting PNDs working first of all as my SD card is ext2 formatted, and PND scanning silently failed until I'd chowned and chmodded everything - but that's only because I prepared the card before I got my Pandora. If you make it on the Pandora after logging in to it, ownership and permissions should be set correctly anyway.

As for getting it to recognise newly installed apps, I usually unmount then remount the SD card, which you can do from the right-click context menu for the SD card on the desktop background. If you were willing to risk it, you could probably get away with ejecting and reinserting the SD card, but I always prefer to unmount my cards beforehands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back