One Greasemonkey Script

I don't have Opera so I can't test it on Opera!
As said before; the script currently works flawlessishly (yes, thats a word... or now it is) in Safari/Webkit and FF/Gecko, but not on Opera. If anyone can change the script so that it works, dont hesitate to post it here.

Working awesome on Opera 10 for me.

Thanks

Edit: Fellow Opera users. Do this:

1. Create a folder to put the scripts in. I recommend a 'scripts' folder inside where you store your other opera config files. If you don't know where that is, then....
(XP) C:\Documents and Settings\"your username"\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\
(Vista) C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\profile\
(OSX) /Users/"your username"/Library/Preferences/Opera Preferences/
(Linux) ~/.opera/

2. Download the .user.js file from this thread and put it in the folder you just made.

3. Open Opera, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content -> JavaScript Options

4. Under the field where it says "User JavaScript Files" paste the path to the folder you made and saved the script to. For me, I'm running Linux so that's /home/drack/.opera/scripts/

5. Restart Opera. Forums should be fixed for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
'dflemstr' said:
Title says it all.
Get it here:
CODE
http://dssdp.dyndns.org/uploads/gp32x_forum_fix.user.js
(Or if you already have the script and want a new version:))
Get it here

THIS SCRIPT IS CONSTANTLY UPDATED
Always check that you have the newest version.

Any questions? Feature suggestions?

Current features:
- All URLs are displayed correctly if they are surrounded by "....". - All emoticons are displaye...left in the dust of badly formatted BBcode :/

THAT, we can do nothing about, I'm afraid :S
As I said, I'll try to improve the scipt so that it removes stuff in posting-mode, too (but it might be difficult if you use the 'enhanced posting' mode) so that all the other users don't suffer as greatly :p

BTW: If you don't use Firefox, Opera OR Safari, => aka if you use IE, you deserve to have the bugs :p
Noone can state that IE is 'good'; no exceptions.

You might of course be using one of the smaller OSS Gecko/WebKit browsers, and there's nothing wrong with that. And since they are all OSS, you could make a plugin for them aswell; to make a GM plugin isn't very difficult.

Tell me what browser you use and I'll try to solve the problem for that particular browser (I'm currently on Fedora 10 so I have alot of browsers available)

I don't think it works for me in Opera 10 alpha. I created a folder D:\scripts\ and put the .user.js in there and pointed Opera to that folder, but I don't notice any difference. URLs are still unclickable.

Burbruee said:
I don't think it works for me in Opera 10 alpha. I created a folder D:\scripts\ and put the .user.js in there and pointed Opera to that folder, but I don't notice any difference. URLs are still unclickable.
OK, sorry but I don't have access to my main machine atm so I can't do much testing, but since the script worked for Opera 9 it should work in Opera 10 as well. Find soem kind of tutorial on how to set up user scripts.
(Or get someone here who uses Opera to help you further)

Back