One Of The Buttons Doesnt Work

meandu229 said:
its the y button it doesnt work just thought i can copy it to clipboard, would i lose warrenty if i open it up
I would post in the 'I need help' subforum to see if ed or craig replies and/or email openpandora before opening it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some keymats shipped with this white powdery substance on the bottom of them. I don't know what it is but usually it was just around the rubber and not on the carbon pads and it was never very much. I would wipe it away whenever I noticed it. Perhaps a dusting of this stuff has gotten down to the pad. I would try pressing it in hard (not board fracturing hard of course) and rubbing it around as much as you can to see if it clears the dust.

Did it ever work? There has been the odd keymat where some carbon pads were just plain missing in which case you will need a replacement.

MWeston said:
Some keymats shipped with this white powdery substance on the bottom of them. I don't know what it is but usually it was just around the rubber and not on the carbon pads and it was never very much. I would wipe it away whenever I noticed it. Perhaps a dusting of this stuff has gotten down to the pad. I would try pressing it in hard (not board fracturing hard of course) and rubbing it around as much as you can to see if it clears the dust.

Did it ever work? There has been the odd keymat where some carbon pads were just plain missing in which case you will need a replacement.
Ah, so I looked right when I spotted "white stuff" onto the contact pads of the keymat in this pic:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mfk.pandora/FromProduction?feat=directlink&fgl=true&fgl=true&pli=1#5474923554619829058
(middle bottom case, right outer button (3rd from top)
these chinese workers should be more careful with their Cocaine. :lol:

fusion_power said:
MWeston said:

Ah, so I looked right when I spotted "white stuff" onto the contact pads of the keymat in this pic:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mfk.pandora/FromProduction?feat=directlink&fgl=true&fgl=true&pli=1#5474923554619829058
(middle bottom case, right outer button (3rd from top)
these chinese workers should be more careful with their Cocaine. :lol:

Good find!

By the looks of that keypad in the photo, someone is going to get one with a bad "z" key. I hope the powdery stuff got removed from most of them in the assembly process, but I might even be the one to get the unit with the bad "z" key for all I know.

meandu229 said:
should state that this is the y key not gaming button

I think Mweston's statement still applies. Push the button down and wiggle it a little to see if you can rub through the dust that might had stopped the button from making contact. If that doesnt work you might need to open it and see if you can remove the dust yourself or contact who ever you bought it from (Craig or EvilDragon) about returning it for a replacement.

how can i map the y key to one of the gaming buttons, im moving house and dont wanna send m pand away till ive moved and its gettting annoying not having it. i know its possible and searched but couldnt find

Back