One video per day - Discussions

Great Playstation video ED. That news about Zodttd porting pcsx is what we've all been waiting for, hopefully when that gets released people can start contributing to it, like Tinnus has been waiting for (and it looks rightly so).

At last some N64!, shame no Goldeneye/Perfect Dark (not working currently?) great to see though, and better performance than i expected - one question, is screen scaling & filters supported with the current build, and if not will it be with future builds?.

Appeal to anyone - are Sin & Punishment (Tsumi to Batsu) & Bangai-O (Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh) working yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Playstation video ED. That news about Zodttd porting pcsx is what we've all been waiting for, hopefully when that gets released people can start contributing to it, like Tinnus has been waiting for (and it looks rightly so).

+1, exciting times for Pandora, really great to hear that the mighty Zod is back involved with the Pandora scene.

ED, I've never been overly eager to pack in my pre-order and call it a day. But you render any chance of that happening negligible with these awesome "wideos". I can't wait to pick up the Descent 1&2 package from GOG.com. So many memories. You had me hooked at Descent and weeping tears of joy at the N64 "wideo"... I can't wait to play Ocarina of Time again, I've got it on my Wii but never have the time to sit down and play through.

Yes. I find your pronunciation of the word "video" quite humorous. I've never been proud of my sense of humor. But, christ almighty, you're bashing these out with really high production values in record time. I wish half the YouTube generation could pop out a video with half the quality of yours, the web would be a much more entertaining place.

Keep up the "wideo" marathon! "wideos" for all!

Man did that N64 video bring back the days! Super Smash Bros and Pokemon Stadium will be amazing! Can't wait until more people start working on the emulator. If N64 can almost run completely full speed on the PSP then I am looking forward to it running on the Pandora, almost double the processing power!

Man did that N64 video bring back the days! Super Smash Bros and Pokemon Stadium will be amazing! Can't wait until more people start working on the emulator. If N64 can almost run completely full speed on the PSP then I am looking forward to it running on the Pandora, almost double the processing power!

I've almost forgotten about Pokemon Stadium, although I have never owned an N64. I would like to see Resident Evil Zero and Chameleon Twist as well.

If N64 can almost run completely full speed on the PSP
Careful. As I understand it, the N64 emulator for PSP was highly optimized for a few select games and wasn't a very good general purpose emulator the way the Pandora's is.

Today's video won't work for me, I guess it hasn't been fully uploaded on US servers or soemthing, guess I'll wait. XFCE isn't all that exciting as we've seen it numerous times and like ED says in the video description you can see XFCE in Xbuntu.

I see a pattern emerging though, one day its games and the next OS then games again. I hope GemRB is soon.

Today's video won't work for me, I guess it hasn't been fully uploaded on US servers or soemthing, guess I'll wait. XFCE isn't all that exciting as we've seen it numerous times and like ED says in the video description you can see XFCE in Xbuntu.

I see a pattern emerging though, one day its games and the next OS then games again. I hope GemRB is soon.

240 and 720p work (well 720 lag here with my s***y isp) but 360 and 480p are broken (guess, it's not yet? encoded)

Thanks for the vids ED, nice to see the PND info and the MiniMenu info ... And of course all those games! Loads of great looking and running games there

can anyone lucky owners, or ED, advise if on PS1 the first GTA plays nice? Also G-Police, I imagine that game might use a fair bit of 3D graphic rendering? I'm hoping that one is playable from day one when I get my P

thanking ye kindly

Thanks ED for the videos!

My humble wish is to see how the Pandora goes to Suspend Mode and back on. Can it be configured on closed/opened lid?

Looking forward to another vids, they make the waiting less nail-bitting :)

I have a suggestion for a video

Multiple videos in fact - but they can all be grouped together in One Vid per Day, I guess.

What I really would like to see is some alternative OSes running. How easy it is to set and run a different OS, like Ubuntu or Gentoo/Neuvoo/XWYZoo

A lot of people have mentioned 'just put it in a partition of the SD Card and set the Pandora to Boot from SD', but I couldn't see that in action yet...

OH! Another simple suggestion is to show some more webbrowsing, but some heavier stuff, like Youtube videos and flash games running

I would like to see replacement parts being installed on the OpenPandora, maybe when the time is right, show the new socketed nubs, the new lcd cable, case replacement... that would make a nice video.

Thanks, much appreciated

OH! Another simple suggestion is to show some more webbrowsing, but some heavier stuff, like Youtube videos and flash games running
Flash does not work out of the box. Only the beta plugin from Texas Instruments exists and it is not good at all for watching Youtube or most flash games.

Is there any app to view youtube streams that don't use flash? ISTR youtube provides alternate streams for flash incapable devices like the iPhone.

Not that this is a suggestion for a vid of the day. Some non flash browsing and some streamed youtube vids wouldn't fill a full length vid IMO.

Is there any app to view youtube streams that don't use flash? ISTR youtube provides alternate streams for flash incapable devices like the iPhone.

Not that this is a suggestion for a vid of the day. Some non flash browsing and some streamed youtube vids wouldn't fill a full length vid IMO.
Minitube. Some people have reported problems with it due to network issues, mostly those who can start a download reasonably fast (300KB/s or so) but find it rapidly drops down to 100KB/s or less: apparently minitube doesn't like the sudden slow down (even though it should still be fast enough to play the video) and does weird things with the network. It's not very well understood yet.

For those that get more consistent connections it works pretty well.

So... no Flash for now, huh? Perhaps we can watch YouTube via HTML5?

My other suggestion, apart from the Alternative OSes one, would be to show some more of Pandora multimedia capabilities.

Show it running some videos, playing some music and viewing some pics.

I mean, showing which file formats are supported, with which resolution, how smooth it plays.

It's a very simple request - but it's also something quite critical for me

Back