One video per day - Discussions

MrSeguin again !!!Was amazed to notice that system recognize games and classified them..just amazing.PND files are amazing !

Anyway

VIELEN DANKE ED !!!!especially after a long hard day doing this video is a pure pleasure for amiga fans

Was really happy to see arabian night working !!!! :D

never managed to finish first level at 100% after maybe 30 tries....(stick around 92%)....if somebody was successfull to finish level 1 with 100% would love to know !!!

Second samurai(good balance with action puzzle exploration not like megadrive version that was really bad...) is running way too fast(better than too slow !!!!).Some options to select maybe in the emu...

I remenber in WinUAE first and second samurai need"exact timing" options(more demanding on cpu I suppose...)

Unfortunately did not see arcade pool(or arcade snooker)to figure if the bottom of screen is not cut...

So if somebody as more time than ED will be glad to see it :D

Won't have a pandora for Christmas(did not buy it for the moment and with a loooong waiting list....) but will definitly buy one soon !

Thanks for the vids ED, nice to see the PND info and the MiniMenu info ... And of course all those games! Loads of great looking and running games there

can anyone lucky owners, or ED, advise if on PS1 the first GTA plays nice? Also G-Police, I imagine that game might use a fair bit of 3D graphic rendering? I'm hoping that one is playable from day one when I get my P

thanking ye kindly

The Compatability list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&hl=en_GB#gid=0 suggests GTA1 runs very well but in 2, you cant see the player or cars :eek:

Just tested G Police for you and it runs very well, infact at 800mhz its too fast to control via D-pad (with Nubs it maybe smoother). All the movies, menus etc are fine but there is slight audio speed and synch issues and in-game music maybe missing (been years since I played). Playable if you manage the sensitive control.

At 500mhz its far more controllable but there is a FPS hit taken and more audio jitter, so in-between will be a sweet spot!

Here's video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mQnlfe_V3Lg?feature=oembed

The suspend mode is nothing special required. Simply the on/off switch when flipped to the right briefly, will put the panda into suspend. Flipped right again will wake it back up. Flipped fully left will lock the pandora in current setting either on/off/suspended, so you dont accidentally flip the switch, which is unlikely anyway given the recessed front, which also prevents the sd cards being accidentally ejected or the volume wheel getting moved too.

It possiblly can be configured to auto suspend when the lid is closed but isnt really needed, plus Pleng has written scripts to allow for underclocking levels to be manually set when the lid is closed, so Music players can still operate this way. Others like WizardStan are trying various ways to improve the suspend modes savings on battery life, as many uneeded processes are still active at present.

I hope that helps with both of your requests :)

The Windows 7 RDP connection over WiFi was awesome. Call me ignorant but I didn't know you could do that. I could be in the pub, boot up my Pandora, RDP my PC, run Steam and play some Torchlight? That'd be fuckin awesome...to be blunt

^ nope. As you can see in the 3DSMAX part the framerate is not so good with remote desktop or vnc connections. Also, the game you want to play needs to support the resolution of the pandora.

Hey EvilD,

Great vid on Remote Administration, but a few comments/suggestions:

1) You showed server administration using ssh .. but why no X-Forwarding?!! Some of us don't use windows at all and I for one will hopefully use my pandora for x-forwarding a lot.

2) When logging in as root to your remote server it is probably better to use rsa ssh keys. It is a lot safer, especially when you log on as root!

thnx again for the vid,

dreamer

Last edited by a moderator:
The Windows 7 RDP connection over WiFi was awesome. Call me ignorant but I didn't know you could do that. I could be in the pub, boot up my Pandora, RDP my PC, run Steam and play some Torchlight? That'd be fuckin awesome...to be blunt

IIRC, no, you won't be able to do that.

The system is able to render "software rendered" windows, but not the direct3D content or something.

I didn't dig deeper than the error message when I tried to launch a game from the client on my mac.

1) You showed server administration using ssh .. but why no X-Forwarding?!! Some of us don't use windows at all and I for one will hopefully use my pandora for x-forwarding a lot.

Well, haven't ever done any X-Forwarding and didn't have time to look into it :)

I use NX Machines normally.

2) When logging in as root to your remote server it is probably better to use rsa ssh keys. It is a lot safer, especially when you log on as root!

True - but then again, I need to be able to login from anywhere in case something goes wrong, and I don't want to have to take my keys with me anywhere I go.

Well, haven't ever done any X-Forwarding and didn't have time to look into it :)

I use NX Machines normally.

True - but then again, I need to be able to login from anywhere in case something goes wrong, and I don't want to have to take my keys with me anywhere I go.

Basically you did everything you needed for X forwarding when you connected to the linux server... the -X signifies you enabled X forwarding.. from there you can launch X applications from command line.

Edit: watched the video again you didn't use the -X

but basically the command is: ssh -X user@hostname use a capital X

Basically you did everything you needed for X forwarding when you connected to the linux server... the -X signifies you enabled X forwarding.. from there you can launch X applications from command line.

Edit: watched the video again you didn't use the -X

but basically the command is ssh -X user@hostname
X as in X windows is a bit bloated over the network, especially an under performing WiFi. VNC does the job nicely. The sshd needs to be configured to allow it (/etc/ssh/sshd_config)

X as in X windows is a bit bloated over the network, especially an under performing WiFi. VNC does the job nicely. The sshd needs to be configured to allow it (/etc/ssh/sshd_config)

sshd_config should have X forwarding enabled by default.. or has Red Hat/ Fedora / Centos spoiled me for many years.

sshd_config should have X forwarding enabled by default.. or has Red Hat/ Fedora / Centos spoiled me for many years.
Well, it's a potential security breach. Most secure distro's want you to explicitly enable those kind of things ( -X f.i.) to indicate you trust the other host. But usually redhat enterprise system administrators are just as knowledged as windows system administrators: they need a graphical user interface, and then you suddenly have to explain the -X. But when you forward X, *any* other person (with enough rights) on that system is able to take over your session.

Fortunately ssh now uses "guest" session cookies (if I am correct), so *any* other person with enough rights on that system will only be able to view and control the windows belonging to that session.

I want to see ZX Spectrum emulation on Pandora, just a little, please! :rolleyes:

The Compatability list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&hl=en_GB#gid=0 suggests GTA1 runs very well but in 2, you cant see the player or cars :eek:

Just tested G Police for you and it runs very well, infact at 800mhz its too fast to control via D-pad (with Nubs it maybe smoother). All the movies, menus etc are fine but there is slight audio speed and synch issues and in-game music maybe missing (been years since I played). Playable if you manage the sensitive control.

At 500mhz its far more controllable but there is a FPS hit taken and more audio jitter, so in-between will be a sweet spot!

Here's video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mQnlfe_V3Lg?feature=oembed

:D G-Police :D :D :D I nearly wept! That's one of those games from my childhood! Thank you SO much!

Now somebody just needs to do Jet Force Gemini and my life will be complete (almost...).

EDIT: And I think all the music is there.

Yeah... but I don't have X on that server :D
As I understand it, you don't need an X server running on a machine to install and even run X applications, although you'll need some accessible machine providing a display for those apps - when you connect using ssh -X, your Pandora becomes that X server. But yeah, to demo it you'd need to install xeyes or something, then run it with 'xeyes &'

Re X forwarding versus RDP, I've found X forwarding to be more fluid than RDP or (shudder) VNC using a wired network, but maybe it doesn't scale down as well. Plus I've never run anything more graphical than a non-video playing web browser over X over the network.

Again Great Video ED !

And again thanks a lot to sacrify your precious time for us after your work day.

I have a DS and I'm proud of it regarding on the fantastic homebrews we have...

So I love homebrews,especially puzzle and platform !

Just a little precision on your video.

you compare a puzzle game to an amiga game called atomino but in fact even there is atoms in this game the pandora homebrew is a clone of (the wonderful !!!)atomix and not atomino !!!!

Not quite sure the name you gave with the beams and mirror game..I know its DEFLEKTOR but couldn'd recognize this name when you said....

Anyway its a real pleasure everyday to see more about Pandora !!!

Back