One video per day - Discussions

Great 1st post Mr Miyagi B) Nice to see the spectrum getting some airtime.

Great videos aswell ED! Tons of homebrew and many I've missed somehow.

Also wanted to add that for those that like the Kinetic scrolling but dislike Fennec, theres add-ons for Chromium and Firefox which work for this very well. I also find that the FFb7 is totally stable, whereas Chromium sometimes hangs and has to kill pages but its probably my wifi.

Hi,

Thanks ED for those great videos, I really enjoy watching them while waiting for my Pandora. BTW, I had not the time to read the whole thread, but I'd really like seeing a video presenting the ebook reading options on the Pandora, especially PDF (even heavily formated ones so see if the screen keeps it readable).

Thank you! :)

Great 1st post Mr Miyagi B) Nice to see the spectrum getting some airtime.

Great videos aswell ED! Tons of homebrew and many I've missed somehow.

Also wanted to add that for those that like the Kinetic scrolling but dislike Fennec, theres add-ons for Chromium and Firefox which work for this very well. I also find that the FFb7 is totally stable, whereas Chromium sometimes hangs and has to kill pages but its probably my wifi.

The version of Fennec that ED is showing of is quite old now. I would like to see how the latest version of Fennec (4.0b2) runs?

The ZX spectrum fuse emulator is really a great emulator, so you have something to look forward to. :)
No! this one it not so good. :p

I never owned a Spectrum more interested in Omega Race and Rat Race(?) on the Vic20. (should you video skills run that far. ;) )

It looked like FF3 preformed on par with the others, just a little bit slow to start up, so I think I'll stick to it since that is what I use on my desktop. I know I'll start using FF4 when it is done but that is going to be a while, I hope I get my Pandora before then.

Cheers for the vid mr.miyagi. Never played on a ZX before but it's interesting to see that the Spectrum version of Bubble Bobble seems to have the same game timings as I remember the C64 version having. The sounds were much better on the C64 version though ;)

Nice run through of the browsers thanks ED. One thing that I've noticed on my PC whilst testing out other browsers, is that nearly all browsers have trouble with loading multiple pages at once. Firefox 3.x is the only one that I've tried that is still usable whilst loading pages in other tabs.

I know that it will take longer to load, but I think that I'll probably end up using Firefox with the Adblock Plus and Flashblock extensions personally :)

Wasn't even thinking of this when I was watching the video. Yeah, there is no way I can live without adblock, just no way.
I feel the same way nowadays. I tried YouTube on someone else's computer the other week and commented to them about how they'd started putting adverts in the videos. Apparently they've been doing it for ages but I never saw them because of Adblock :lol:

I feel the same way nowadays. I tried YouTube on someone else's computer the other week and commented to them about how they'd started putting adverts in the videos. Apparently they've been doing it for ages but I never saw them because of Adblock :lol:
Really? I don't have adblock installed and I've yet to encounter a youtube video with ads. Example?

edit: err.. wait, you mean those text adds at the bottom, don't you? Yeah, those have been a while. I've gotten used to ignoring them I forgot all about them. For some reason I thought you meant, like, commercials at the start of the video like I've seen several other video sites do.

Last edited by a moderator:
No! this one it not so good. :p

I never owned a Spectrum more interested in Omega Race and Rat Race(?) on the Vic20. (should you video skills run that far. ;) )

I wish i could But i have never owned a vic 20 (i was a speccy and c64 guy) so i dont know where to get games for that one and do we have a vic 20 Emulator for the pandora, it could be fun to try some vic20 games?

Trip: thanks :)

H.E.R.O - the first my game in my life :rolleyes:

Montezuma's revenge was a second :)

I like C64

excellent to include a demo at the end, if you ever make a dosbox video, it would be very nice to run one at the end (second reality for example :) )

looking at old demos always improve my mood when i get the blues :)

Very nice work Ed, and all others who make videos, it really keeps me excited, waiting for my pandora !

Big Kisses

Mac

Regarding the 'Web Surfing with different Browsers' video. Midori works quite fine for me. It renders correctly everything I tried (including this site and Engadget) and works extremely fast even at 500Mhz. So I don't know why ED keeps calling it buggy, that's unfair.

PS. I use midori-0.2.9 and webkit-gtk-1.2.5

The videos are awesome I didn't know how good the old pc games were until now..

Back