One video per day - Discussions

Regarding the 'Web Surfing with different Browsers' video. Midori works quite fine for me. It renders correctly everything I tried (including this site and Engadget) and works extremely fast even at 500Mhz. So I don't know why ED keeps calling it buggy, that's unfair.

PS. I use midori-0.2.9 and webkit-gtk-1.2.5

Well, if you updated to a newer version, it works. But the current stock OS image has a broken version.

Well, if you updated to a newer version, it works. But the current stock OS image has a broken version.
That's the point - the browser itself is fine, the problem is in the binary angstrom package (wrong version/config flags/dependencies - i don't know). And BTW I use gentoo, not the default firmware.

That's the point - the browser itself is fine, the problem is in the binary angstrom package (wrong version/config flags/dependencies - i don't know). And BTW I use gentoo, not the default firmware.

how are u using gentoo? is it any good? do you have any links and how to install it or screen shots?

and you habe this installed as the OS of you pandora?
Yep

does the pnd system work and are there any other bugs/driver issues with pandora hardware?
I don't use the pnd system (but it's definitely possible - all you need to do it to write appropriate ebuild(s)).

No bugs/issues with the hardware except DSP (i'm waiting for the new kernel). And I personally decided not to use GLES since the only driver we have is not free. But anyway I've written the ebuild for it: http://vminko.org/storage/pandora/portage/media-libs/libgles2-sgx/

Thanks for the audio player video, ED. I've only used Rhythmbox, MPlayer and Muine personally. Muine's a really simple audio player with nothing more than simple playlist support, and I doubt it supports all those game music formats, but what it does it does well. It's also written in C# and runs via the mono runtime. Can we run mono apps on the Pandora yet?

I was thinking about how many videos there going to be before batch 1 is shipped.

I have a theory that if ED runs out of subject matter then he will be forced to speed up Pandora production.

The problems is... THE PANDORA IS SO DAMN VERSATILE!

:p

I have a theory that if ED runs out of subject matter then he will be forced to speed up Pandora production.

If I knew a way about how to speed up Pandora production, I would stop doing videos immediately!

Seriously, every delay is making me so sad... :(

Neo-Geo !!

pure awesomeness :)

youhou !! kof'97 looks very nice, and the (too) brief fatal fury part almost brought tears to my eyes :p

Man, this confirms i only need one more gadget, and it's a pandora ! after that, I'll be leaving this world of material possessions to go into an endless state of neo-geo meditation...

man... how i wish my 1600-something-in-line pandora to arrive this month !

Great work EvilDragon ! your coolness is definitely inversely proportional to your kof skillz ;)

Kisses

Mac

I know this was probably seen a few times by now, but why not again?

How about a video showing a few Sega Megadrive (Genesis) / Mega (Sega) CD games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second... it's the fifth. ED is past due for a video for the fourth. This is cause for some concern. I hope nothing bad has happened.

Back