OneNetbook OneGX

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
OneNetbook is also working on a handheld gaming device - and here are the first renderings:

mmexport1585300012670.jpg
mmexport1585300018257.jpg

It is planned to be released in the middle of the year and they're already testing pre-production samples. I do hope they will change the DPad, as the space between the buttons seems to be too big.

For gaming, it looks more comfortable than the GPD MAX, but the GPD MAX seems to be better usable as a Netbook (if you don't only want to use it for gaming).

It's nice to have multiple choices available :D

Last edited:
That form factor seems like a blast from the past, do you plan to stock them if it gets to manufacturing? I would be interested

I never understood DPads with separated buttons... o_O

WASD is highlighted so they are meaning PC gaming, but I suppose with an added MOUSE... I doubt it could be comfortable to use the finger on the screen for an entire gaming session, or maybe the right joystick can be used as a pointing device ?

A DPAD whit Seperated Buttons makes sense if you wants to make the Device usable for Right and Left Hand Peaple, as some use the left Buttons for the Aktion and the Right Buttons for Movement, ..

Or like on the Switch, where you can use booth Joycon as Controller and needs then the DPAD as Buttons..

Where did you get those pics from?

Directly from my contact.
Post automatically merged:

WASD is highlighted so they are meaning PC gaming, but I suppose with an added MOUSE... I doubt it could be comfortable to use the finger on the screen for an entire gaming session, or maybe the right joystick can be used as a pointing device ?

Well, a joystick can ALWAYS be used as a mouse, as there is software available for that, both for Linux and Windows.
Post automatically merged:

Does it have two displays (front and back of the lid), or does the display lid swivel in the middle like an old toughbook convertible?

I don't know, it looks like the hinge in the picture, but it's an early render. Two displays wouldn't really make sense.

I think the hinge is at the middle of the screen's height - you can see it on the middle shot. This allows both laptop and tablet modes. This is pretty cool actually, I wish the GPD WinMax did this.

EDIT:
Here's a laptop that have a similar hinge.

49384690848_aa54bbf255_z.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!! More competition will hopefully make GPD wake up... GPD might improve future build quality and batteries :)

I wonder what's the screen size and ratio of the OneGX is?

One more thing, I too also hope they make a more conventional d-pad.

@EvilDragon

Actually those pics don't make sense. There is some obvious Photoshop errors. Like big ones

The screen hinge position moves between pics, which makes no sense.

And look at the shoulder button areas for example between pics

1585363088611.png

Back