Onlive Works!

LTStone

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I took the apk from my boys nexus 7 and installed onlive to the pandora. Using the external wifi things worked great, Played some splinter cell and split second..

Word of warning, a good wifi connection is needed..

lol, I'm already happy if my Pandora reaches 100 kilobytes/s because of it's crappy wifi (my PC wifi stick doesn't have any troubles at all), I guess 100 kb/s is is not enough for Onlive. :ph34r:

There is work being done to improve the wifi - some of us have great wifi, others don't. It quite literally requires tuning.

My wifi never worked. Its one of the reasons I haven't touched my pandora in 3 months
ul20n1114.jpg

Solved! It's what I'm using.

Then your wifisetup is not good. Get some repeaters.

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I took the apk from my boys nexus 7 and installed onlive to the pandora. Using the external wifi things worked great, Played some splinter cell and split second..

Word of warning, a good wifi connection is needed..
That's great. Very interested in this idea! Is this in Android? or via the apklicator doobry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Then your wifisetup is not good. Get some repeaters.
I have two repeaters in my house. Quite honestly I think they cause more interference than anything else. As I said, my house is big and not setup well for any kind of multiroom wireless transmission.

Thats pretty crazy; how big a place? :) Must be a lot of interference..

My house is big, and I run most of my gear out of a closet in the basement, and I can pick up wifi in the top floor of the place on all our various gadgets, pandora included.

And if you have a repeater or two, you should have _no_ problems ..

Time to use ethernet over powerline and have cables :eek:

jeff

I never had any major troubles with my pandora's wifi… It's not the fastest wireless connection I ever used, I have to admit.

But it's steady and it's still using the power management.

I guess I had a nicely tuned wifi chipset ;)

But even with my nice wifi, I doubt it would be enough to play on onlive.

Also. spend some time with a wifi scanner and see if there is any spare room on the channels.

I'm surprised too, I have the same setup in terms of quantity, two repeaters with one main router. a WNDR 4500, with two WNDR 3700 as a wired repeater and I cover at least 1000 square feet. All my house plus tons of outside space.

And my house is all brick : P

I can pick up a signal on both floors plus my basement with my wifi dongled pandy with no problem.

To be honest I had problems until I picked up the netgear routers. Best routers I've ever used

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm 17 and still live with my parents. I told my dad specifically to NOT buy a router without my input, but the electrician bought one and billed my dad for it (It was an Amped Wireless one - $250) So I was like "I guess that will work" but its signal would not reach my whole house so we got two more Amped repeaters, but my Pandora (1ghz) still can't get signal for more than 30 seconds at a time even when I'm right next to the router. And what's wore is that I have to reset the router about once a week because the TCP keeps fucking up. I wish my parents would have just listened to me in the first place. But even if we got a good router, that still doesn't change the fact that my Pandora never works on wifi for any long period of time no matter what router it's connected to

Well I'm 17 and still live with my parents. I told my dad specifically to NOT buy a router without my input, but the electrician bought one and billed my dad for it (It was an Amped Wireless one - $250) So I was like "I guess that will work" but its signal would not reach my whole house so we got two more Amped repeaters, but my Pandora (1ghz) still can't get signal for more than 30 seconds at a time even when I'm right next to the router. And what's wore is that I have to reset the router about once a week because the TCP keeps fucking up. I wish my parents would have just listened to me in the first place. But even if we got a good router, that still doesn't change the fact that my Pandora never works on wifi for any long period of time no matter what router it's connected to
Well parents always know best. I've known what it's like to deal with that lol.

The disconnect issue seems like the same problems when I had my linksys routers. I went through 4 or 5 firmware updates and still had disconnect issues on all my devices. Hard reset's always fixed it (only temporarily).... Switched routers problem gone.

But you shouldn't have issues on other wifi networks with the dongle. Honestly the dongle equipped pandora has the best range out of any of my devices except my HP touchpad (iphone, ipad, 3ds, vita, dell laptop w/ intel 3945ABGN)

You know, owning an iPad, iPhone, iPod or any other Apple device don't mean you can't own a pandora.  ;)

Back