Oops! I Unleashed Something...

Samurai Warrior was one of my favouites on the c64. I remember if he killed a peasant he got on his knees and commited sepuku. :D

Nice image by the way, I am glad you didnt use all the cliche NES/SNES/SEGA characters only.

I've been avoiding revisiting amiga emulation until my pandora arrives, but the other night I fired up a few spectrum games and came away feeling bad. I dabbled on a few and then gave up, coming to the conclusion that I no longer had the patience to play impossibly difficult games of yore. I'm hoping it was temporary madness brought on by lack of sleep. Anyway, this thread has injected me with some raw enthusiasm and I'm raring to go again, bring it on.

Prometheus said:
A little tip before you do - press fire and pull diagonally down-left to put your sword away (it's the only non-obvious control thing). :p If you piss off the noblemen, they get quite vicious with you.

Omg, that move got some memories dug out, I had completely forgot that game! I couldn't recognize the rabbit at first, but now I'm like .. "OF COURSE! That game was GOOD!" .. though I can't remember why! :p
I'm digging out a C64 emu when I get home! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i can never remember my favourite c64 games .. there was one '6-bit lode runner' looking game that we played a lot, and some arcade conversions of the era (scramble clone?) .. i played a lot of that one chopper-cave game, but actually i lost interest in the c64, and for that matter, 8-bit, pretty fast in those days. its hell fun to revisit it all and discover true gems!

I thought that bloke in lower left was from pitfall, I used to play that a lot on my atari2600, classic game

nice idea too Prometheus, I havnt done such a picture but I might do one now and use it as a wallpaper in 2 months or whenever I get mine

Ever tried Pitfall II, Fzero? I love that one just as much, if not more. The background music's been stuck in my head since forever!

No I missed that one, just watched a YouTube vid of it, looks like more of the same goodness with added features though, I liked the music too ;)

Some think that music that changes depending on a game's events is a far more recent thing than it really is (I'm pretty sure that Pitfall II was the first to implement such a thing). I do love how Pitfall II's music changes depending on whether you've been hit or have found treasure. :D

I wonder if it was a first for the 'checkpoint' too?
On the vid I watched the guy mentioned them as being one of the new features in the second game. That was classic too, you just slowly float all the way back to the checkpoint, I imagine it would really rub it in, leaving you fuming at your death as you sloooowly float back past all that you just conquered

2600 was my first real console I owned

Fzero said:
I wonder if it was a first for the 'checkpoint' too?
Good question. I actually don't know... It's possible, certainly.

I imagine it would really rub it in, leaving you fuming at your death as you sloooowly float back past all that you just conquered
It absolutely does, let me tell you.
angry.gif

2600 was my first real console I owned
I've never owned one, myself (though I did buy the officially-sanctioned clone hardware that is the Atari Flashback 2 earlier in the year). It's something I've only gotten into relatively recently - anyone who says wanting to play this stuff is entirely nostalgia is talking out of their backside, I tell you. It's entirely new to me and I'm having a blast with it. :p

So this has no game images but this is my first pandora wallpaper

[media]
protopaper1b.png
[/media]

Oh and as a long time lurker, first time poster .... Hi to the OP community!

heres one i done just now, seeing as im not sleeping tonight, thought id do one in style of Prometheus idea

65n42w.jpg

just SOME of my favs in there... to get them all in would be some big tapestry type thing ;)

A question to all those who had a c64: For years now I've been looking for the name of a game I played as a kid. A platformer (but with no jumping) and you were a cop or something and had to go up and down by elevators (and I think ladders) and left and right in some kind of building and the goal was to reach a woman to rescue her. There were bad guys and if you touched one it went into a brawling animation with dust like in a lot of cartoons (and I almost always died - never figured out how to win...) and either you or the bad guys could also shoot, not sure on that. Anyways, if anyone knows a game like that I would really appreciate it. :)

Wrong, Prometheus already answered the post following the one from Pleng :
Prometheus said:
Miyamoto Usagi, from the Usagi Yojimbo comic series by Stan Sakai. There's a C64 game that was made legitimately downloadable by its original company.

EDIT: Once Games Coffer is back up, the .tap should be available there (that's where I got it). Lemon64 has permission to host a disk image, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
He appeared a few time in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics and animated TV series.

Jazz Jackrabbit is green :
jazz_jackrabbit.jpg

Back