Open Handheld Network

quadcricket

Very Active Member
I was wondering what the community thought about a program specific to community interactivity.

Coming from ye' ol' gaming days I am really enjoying some of the new services available to us as gamers such as Steam/Desura/Playstation Network/xfire/etc.

It would be nice to be able to keep track of developer/maintainer/friend status in relation to the homebrew/open handhelds/Open Pandora community.

Something as simple as a daemon that you can enable that tracks games played and status could really heighten our experience.

Depending on interest later features could be added like achievements and an application finder/downloader/manager.

This is brought up every so often. Two projects have been worked on but I don't think anything has been finalized. If you search for "PONDS" you might get some information. I think that's what the most recent proposal was called, someone feel free to correct me.

I couldn't find any information on PONDS and openhandhelds.net looks like it would only be a good resource to drum up more interest in making such a project cross platform.

If there is enough interest in seeing other gamer's status I'm hoping we could either A) reinvigorate an old project or B) find a few people interested in throwing some code and a database together. ;)

openhandhelds.net might be of interest here...

I am listening

My intention with openhandhelds.net is to be device agnostic and more about sharing of info, resources, and knowledge.

I am more than willing to host any services like what you are mentioning. It would fit in nicely with the spirit of what I'm trying to offer.

It does sound interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back