Openbor

Jeric

Still Fresh
Well looking at the OpenBOR page it looks like the GPX2 got a port(though I can't download, I'm assuming because I'm not regestered or something), so I'm assuming its possible to port the thing over?

Edit:
thread with links can be found here

The main dev of the openbor team (SX) is realy interested on the Pandora. He said that if Pandora have dev kit with lib support (SDL), he would do the port quickly.

Good, just wanted to make sure we would have something naitive that could take advantage of the hardware rather than have to put up wit ha 'dirty' port.

Jeric said:
Well looking at the OpenBOR page it looks like the GPX2 got a port(though I can't download, I'm assuming because I'm not regestered or something), so I'm assuming its possible to port the thing over?
Edit:
thread with links can be found here

This has been distributed and discussed and corrected. There is a new version (I have not yet tested) available. You have to reg to get binaries from lavalit. We can ask politely if they will update the GP2x archive. For now, I have a comment link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
I remember porting BOR to the GP2X, so it should be much easier to port to the Pandora.
I remember you porting BoR to the GP32, let alone the GP2x.

I think that was the point where I realised that at least some of the games that demanded insane amounts of ram really just needed to do something or other more efficiently. I can't remember whether it claimed to need 64mb or 128mb at the time, but I do remember you succeeding in getting it into 8mb, which was very very impressive!

Tobriand said:
Squidge said:
I remember porting BOR to the GP2X, so it should be much easier to port to the Pandora.
I remember you porting BoR to the GP32, let alone the GP2x.

I think that was the point where I realised that at least some of the games that demanded insane amounts of ram really just needed to do something or other more efficiently. I can't remember whether it calimed to need 64mb or 128mb at the time, but I do remember you succeeding in getting it into 8mb, which was very very impressive!

The legend I heard claimed it was 128MB. ;)

-God Ginrai

I actually looked at Squidge's code for the GP32 (and then butchered it :S), and yeah he did some awesome things to get that game to run minimally. Basically instead of loading everything all the time, he dumped what wasn't needed and would monitor when it started to get low and dump unused stuff again... very efficient and alot of work I would assume ;)

Squidge said:
It was indeed a lot of work, but it was fun :)
I appreciated it - had loads of fun with BoR on my GP32 (later chose the PSP over the GP2X...).

Back