Release Openpandora Pnd Builder For Windows / Linux

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
New version of PND Builder: [Still in BETA so some options will not work (options with mark * )]

Whats new:
+ Simple PXML Editor
+ A lot of improvements..
+ works on Windows and on Linux via WINE.

Download: http://ompldr.org/vOWUzdQ/pndbuilder.zip

WebPage: 4Floor Development

Selection_020.png

Selection_019.png

What did you use to make this (programming language)? Any plans for open-sourcing it?

Does the PXML editor read field definitions from a file (scheme?) or is it all hard coded? Does it check data you input for validity?

It is looking like a sleek tool, I will give it a shot when I find the time and see if I can get some additional ideas for my own PNDTools ;)
Thanks.

I'm curious about the language as well... would love to see a GTK or FLTK port of this (for native Linux support) as it would GREATLY simplify porting efforts... DEFINITELY interested in this!!

Very nice! Does it support multiple apps in one pnd somehow, couldn't find an option.
Edit: And can it make compressed pnds with squashfs? That would make it easier to upload to the repo.

Answers time:

- App is made in delphi
- Yes, i'll release source but after finishing code [its a "bit" messy chaoscode]
- At the moment PXML is hadrcoded [i created it only for my needs], but this'll be changed..
- No fancy data input checking at all [at least you'll need to know , what you're doing :p ]
- I'll add support for multiple apps in one PXML, soon.
- At the moment [win] SquashFS is not supported, and since there are a lot of problems with it on WINE, i dont think i'll use it. I would like Pnd Builder to stay working in WINE [im currently working on linux, so working properly in wine is a 1st priority].

Anyway, maybe i'll make a quick GUI for all *.sh pnd building tools native on linux with gambas

Please crashtest the app and tell me what ya think. Is it working for You? Do you need any adjustments in interface?

BTW. Any of you using Windows 2000 / WIndows 98? I didnt check PND builder on these OSes, but i think it might work..

StreaK said:
Answers time:

- App is made in delphi
- Yes, i'll release source but after finishing code [its a "bit" messy chaoscode]
- At the moment PXML is hadrcoded [i created it only for my needs], but this'll be changed..
- No fancy data input checking at all [at least you'll need to know , what you're doing :p ]
- I'll add support for multiple apps in one PXML, soon.
- At the moment [win] SquashFS is not supported, and since there are a lot of problems with it on WINE, i dont think i'll use it. I would like Pnd Builder to stay working in WINE [im currently working on linux, so working properly in wine is a 1st priority].

Anyway, maybe i'll make a quick GUI for all *.sh pnd building tools native on linux with gambas

Please crashtest the app and tell me what ya think. Is it working for You? Do you need any adjustments in interface?

BTW. Any of you using Windows 2000 / WIndows 98? I didnt check PND builder on these OSes, but i think it might work..

Delphi, great, just like PNDTools, that doubles my interest in seeing the code :D
For the PXML part, feel free to have a look at how I work on doing it: https://github.com/foxblock/PNDTools/blob/PXMLtools/PXMLForm.pas
Basically I have an archetype PXML file from which I copy nodes and attributes. That archetype file has the full PXML functionality.
I tried using a scheme file (to use the official one and not my own format which has to be maintained, too), but Delphi's libraries for that are heavily outdated and I could not get it to work, maybe you have better luck with it.

Eventually I would love to put our heads together in this whole matter to share ideas and concepts (not to make one definite PND program, but to get the best of two worlds maybe).

PNDTools is confirmed to work on Windows 98 and 2000, so I guess your program will work, too.

I currently low on time, but I will definitely give it a try at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
foxblock said:
Delphi, great, just like PNDTools, that doubles my interest in seeing the code :D

Oh, no. I think my current code is only good to make someone else headache. :)

foxblock said:
PNDTools is confirmed to work on Windows 98 and 2000, so I guess your program will work, too.

I currently low on time, but I will definitely give it a try at some point.

Yeah, it should work on 9x/2000

Last edited by a moderator:
streak if you have any PNDs that you made with preview pics (iso PND's) please try uploading to the repo.

I have switched from isoinfo to 7z as part of preview pic extraction on the site... so it should work but it would be great if you could test it.

thanks.

Back