Openpandora Usb Game Controller?

second exodous said:
Holy crap that thing is real? I always thought it was a fake render. I wonder how that keyboard is and if you can hack it to work on other systems. I'll have to do some research.

My brother has one of those for chatting with his friends on the ps3, from what I can tell it works pretty well. It would be pretty cool if we could get it and the ps3 controller itself working with the pandora.
I'll probably borrow it from my brother and see what happens when I get my pandora.

Edit: Accidentally left the image in

Last edited by a moderator:
Grench said:
The kids are 8... charging stations and batteries wind up being my problem. What about corded options for a USB game controller? I can't seem to find any that advertise as 'HID' compliant.

Any experience with any of these under Linux? Has anyone plugged one into the back of a Pandora MP to see what happens?

Super cheap -
"Frisby Dual Vibration PC Computer USB Game Pad Joy Controller" - Nice title - no kidding.

Mid-priced -
"Logitech Rumble Pad 2"
"Logitech Dual Action"

"Saitek PS1000" (I found one article that said only the analog sticks work under Ubuntu for this one.)
"Saitek P990"

Other favorites? Just want to find a set that's generally happy under Linux (Angstrom on Pandora and Ubuntu on others) that I can move from machine to machine and don't have to make sure the kids put on a charger every night.

I still think it would be cool to have a set of OpenPandora USB controllers - but that isn't likely to happen while the boys are still interested in Tux Kart.

USB Sega Saturn controllers are a good bet. I have 2 and I love them. Also, if you can get your hands on some old XBox controllers, the SmartJoy X only costs $10 apiece at Modchipman and plugs straight into the breakaway. You need the Xpad drivers for it to work, but if you're just planning to use it on the Pandora, it will have the Xpad drivers. I have 4 Xbox controllers set up to use this way with my Pandora.

-God Ginrai

i use xbox "s" type controllers. they are the best next to saturn pads, but thats solely because of fighting games.

b1llygo4t said:
i use xbox "s" type controllers. they are the best next to saturn pads, but thats solely because of fighting games.

To Tell you the truth, I like the Duke better, but the S controllers aren't bad.

-God Ginrai

Awakening said:
I would love to use my Pandora as a remote for my PC. Just turn of the screen and clock it down to conserve power and plug my PC to my 32" TV and use the Pandora to control it from my sofa :)

Personally, I am thinking of going this route for HTPC remote. While using the Pandora as a remote would be fun... I think this is more practical and pretty inexpensive.

Lenovo HTPC keyboard

Looks nice.
lenovo_multimedia_remote_with_keyboard_by_lenovo.jpg

zounder1 said:
Awakening said:
I would love to use my Pandora as a remote for my PC. Just turn of the screen and clock it down to conserve power and plug my PC to my 32" TV and use the Pandora to control it from my sofa :)

Personally, I am thinking of going this route for HTPC remote. While using the Pandora as a remote would be fun... I think this is more practical and pretty inexpensive.

Lenovo HTPC keyboard

Yeah, I saw that one too -- but I wound up getting this one for Christmas: http://www.usbgeek.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=1219
wirelesskbytouchpad3_s.jpg

Does the job nicely, and it's backlit, too. I am jealous of the tab key on the Lenovo one, though.. <_<

I ended up getting them a pair of Logitech Dual Action controllers - They worked great on the Ubuntu installs I have on their ancient P4 computers. Thanks!

I still think that an OpenPandora branded nubs based controller using the nubs would be an interesting side item some day.

Back