Opera Browser?

I think reading static forum posts is pretty silly. People edit and update their posts all the time to accommodate replies or new information. You'd have to go back online and refresh the page anyways before you reply just to make sure your response was still valid, had not already been posted by someone else or the thread hadn't already moved 20 pages beyond.

Yes the 56K implementation is not that great. But instant back button (and you can go pretty deep) is really cool. IMO it's just preference... I'm with opera since 7.20 exclusively.. so... I just used to theese features. And.. Firefox does start really slow... It crawles into life..

fuzzypinkunicorns666 said:
Kyosys said:
Opera is a really nice browser, the only reason I didn't use to use it is that at some point they implemented this "feature" that takes you to some random page if you scroll click on anything but a link, so if you miss one, you're somewhere you don't want to be. This pissed me off so much, I switched back to FF, which now has this "feature" as well. I can't figure out how to turn it ooooofffffffffff
In about:config, turn off middlemouse.ContentLoadURL.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=266985

Any idea how to fix this? I too am plagued by opening new tabs when I didn't want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opera is certainly a good web browser for small device. Still webkit has gotten really good and it might just be as good as opera.

Apple uses webkit in the Iphone, google in Android and in chrome... overall I think there's litle doubt webkit can do very well on small device.

In a perfect world you would have a webkit browser optimized for the pandora which can use the gaming control. Of course webkit is open source so that might not be so far off actually.

Eolair said:
Kyosys said:
[..] at some point they implemented this "feature" that takes you to some random page if you scroll click on anything but a link, so if you miss one, you're somewhere you don't want to be.

Huh? You don't use mouse gestures on Opera or what? :blink:
As far back as I can remember clicking with the scroll click activates the panning control.

Anyway, I would love to have Opera on the Pandora. I never use anything else unless I'm forced to.

Oh, I use mouse gestures alright. But I open like every link in a tab, especially when I browse forums, and it's extremely frustrating if you get taken somewhere you don't want to go all the time. Well thanks to the guy who told me how to turn it off, that problem is no more, and I'm back to opera. If only it had alexa... Opera really needs a good plugin system.

Ah well.

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
Heh, I want Netscape Navigator 2... maybe dosbox? I don't know :p
On the off chance you're serious - look into Seamonkey. It resembles Netscape 4. That's probably as close as you'll get while still supporting new sites.

Back