Opinion of Pandora

brokemike

Hey, first off I wanna say that the Open Pandora is a very lovely device. Its IMO the best handeld gaming device ever by far no doubt about it. And a very nifty pocket pc, that can only improve in functunality from here on. But I feel the Open Pandora needs to spread its wings. It needs to be marketed better. And no offense but the name is just not doing the device any justice. Your looking at a device that can freaking play thousands of games people would go crazy to play on there phones, psp, and 3ds machines. Its a

laptop/video game console and for many a DREAM device. The problem with the name is that its too hardcore. The device is marketed way too much to people that would buy it no matter what. People love the pandora. Of ALL demographics!. No matter where I have been school, cofee shop, friends house, resturants. DATES people are always blown away. I have even attracted a female with it! she asks "what is that?" about 45 minutes later we have lunch together. Random people come up to me just to find out what it is. Because it is coooool. So what if its the worlds smallest linux laptop it can play most of the worlds best games period. Watch movies, listen to music, surf the web, type papers, I mean what can't it do. Market that too the world and this device will sell off the charts and others will try and make device just like it.

IMO the current model is really a beta test.

Its got the team up to speed with electronics production, attracted developers, highlighted problems, sparked wishlists, etc

What would be a better name?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of a few if anyone cares. I would be honored if i had any influence

Open gear

Dreamgear

Open play

open dream

Microgear

Dreamplay

Pocket port

Open gear

Dreamgear

Open play

open dream

Microgear

Dreamplay

Pocket port

5425524841_0290d1989d.jpg

It's a no from me i'm afraid. :)

Heehee. I'm sorry, but i find Open Pandora far more appealing and professional than any of those suggestions. :)

DreamPlay just sounds like *ahem* a wet dream. ;D

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I like the name Pandora, the name isnt important anyway, if a device like Wii can sell lots then anything can its about image recogizability rather I think.

I like the name Pandora, the name isnt important anyway, if a device like Wii can sell lots then anything can its about image recogizability rather I think.
You're right, the name isn't so important, but it's not about image-recognisability (that completely misses the reason why things sell): It's about a device doing what people want it to do.

The Wii did what lots of people wanted from it, just as the Pandora can.

Ehem, i'd like to say that i love the name Open Pandora. Because of the name, i can go up to friends and say "Wow guys, my OP is so OP!"

lol... sorry, i had to.

Pandora is a very nice name - I like the reference to Greek mythodology and its meaning ("all-gifted" or "all-giving"). The evil associated with Pandora's box is also kind of cool in a way.

That list above (Open gear, Dreamgear, Open play, open dream, Microgear, Dreamplay, Pocket port) reminds me of my dyslectic mom, who recently talked about some presumed game console she called the "Play Boy" - she probably was thinking about a Game Boy and a PlayStation :)

I have even attracted a female with it! she asks "what is that?" about 45 minutes later we have lunch together.

Craig, quick.. put a slogan on official pandora page:

"Are You ugly? Girls are not interested in you? so what.. buy pandora and you'll score.. "

"Firstly: Get OpenPandora.. then: get laid quick"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back