Before You Suggest Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kings

Website
www.visualcatastrophe.com
The Pandora is meant to be the successor to the GP2X, retro gaming along with homebrew, along with functions of a Mobile Internet Device. I would call it the swiss army knife of portables! It is also primarily an enthusiast device, marketed to those who like to hack around hardware and code up their own software. The rest of the people following the Pandora development are interested in whats actuality developed. A safe bet would be that how much the Pandora is worth is reflected by the software not the hardware...

The design took into account what the GP32X community was looking for in a device. Craigix and co. worked out a generous balance that allows for comfortable gaming, increased emulator support, and flexible MID use. A clamshell design didn't break patents and would protect the screen. With controls on top and a keyboard on the bottom for easy reach and use. The case surrounding the touchscreen was designed so it could be held while pressing. And a simple hinge so there are less moving parts and less of a chance that the case cracks.

Why change the :pandora1: ?
Before you ask for change, ask why it is that way in the first place.

Good post, but not necessary for a new thread... Unless something like this were to be stickied >_>

Why it is that way in the first place?

Change please?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Yeah, personally I like the way the hardware is laid out. It just makes sense.

Something along these lines should probably be stickied and locked, for it is quite likely this topic will become another outlet for the eternal "Internet fight".

Guys, when a mod locks a thread- drop the topic. A certain newcomer took offense to the way people reacted to his ignorance and posted something stupid, which I regret taking the time to read. Don't fuel it further, just let it go.

That being said, @ the origin of all of this: I'd have loved to have had a tablet design, but it isn't everything, and it certainly as hell isn't "the future". I hope you like the Pandora "1" if you end up getting it and decide whether or not its design is acceptable after actually using it, rather than making assumptions of how well the layout will work.

Have patience oh great Mods, I plea that you once more put this topic to rest.

BigTruck said:
Something along these lines should probably be stickied and locked, for it is quite likely this topic will become another outlet for the eternal "Internet fight".
If we need this stickied, then someone needs to get the grammar sorted out first, it's all over the bloody place!

Seriously though, all of this is common sense and regardless of what we sticky, the same questions and requests will asked again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kings said:
Why change the :pandora1: ?
Before you ask for change, ask why it is that way in the first place.
Or just read the FAQ.

In other news, recently locked threads wouldn't had to have been locked if buckets of gasoline hadn't been thrown on what was originally a barely smoking ember. If you're one of those people who thinks Pandora has the potential to be more than a niche product, just remember that everyone outside the niche is going to ask dumb questions. If you're not prepared to answer those questions civilly, then please don't answer them at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back