Release Opsu!

New version uploaded on the repo (I hope it works well, I have done very limited testing).

build 04
-----------

• Update sources (v0.12.1)
  • Update libs

Thanks for keeping it updated!

On a side note, the real Osu! is going open source. It's not available yet, but that may be interesting for the Pyra at least, since Opsu! doesn't seem to be worked on anymore since that announcement.

Thanks ptitseb!
Opsu is the game I played the most since I discovered it ;) I will give the updated version a swing tonight.

And great news about Osu going open source. I guess that means it will also have access to it's leaderboard?
[doublepost=1467105525,1467102677][/doublepost]The game crashes after 20 seconds of gameplay :(
Can I revert back to the previous version until it's fixed?

org.newdawn.slick.SlickException: Game.render() failure.
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.updateAndRender(GameContainer.java:730)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Container.gameLoop(Container.java:98)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Container.start(Container.java:72)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:204)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL20.glUseProgram(GL20.java:297)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.render.CurveRenderState.saveRenderState(CurveRenderState.java:228)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.render.CurveRenderState.renderCurve(CurveRenderState.java:300)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.render.CurveRenderState.draw(CurveRenderState.java:151)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.objects.curves.Curve.draw(Curve.java:146)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.objects.Slider.draw(Slider.java:192)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.states.Game.drawHitObjects(Game.java:1389)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.states.Game.render(Game.java:563)
at org.newdawn.slick.state.StateBasedGame.render(StateBasedGame.java:199)
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.updateAndRender(GameContainer.java:727)
... 3 more

Ohhh, in your crash log, I see this:
Code:
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL20.glUseProgram(GL20.java:297)
So :(
I have to hack the code to remove the shaders in the Java code :S

And great news about Osu going open source. I guess that means it will also have access to it's leaderboard?
According to the blog post the connection stuff to the official server will abstracted off and stay closed source.
This doesn't rule out port specific leaderboards, though. And if we push hard enough to have an official port, the leaderboard should be available.
Inofficial ports won't be allowed to be called Osu! either btw., but that's the least of the issues I think. The proper linux port has to happen first too I guess (it does run fine with Wine though).

The "new style" sliders are the one that used GL Shader. Thoses will not draw now, but I'm supposed to have desabled the use of the new style sliders, so I was excpecting them to still show? I have to re-check the code.

Some additional info for those interested in this game :)
For me PtitSeb's build from Aug 23, version 0.10.1.03 Download works best as the later versions, though more polished, need more work to get working properly on the Pandora.

The downloading of new songs/beatmaps from within the game is kinda borked as only one of the servers seems to return a beat map list and it often breaks half way the download which again results in several error dialogs.
I found that the easiest way to add songs and beat maps is to download them from the OSU website here https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist (Need a free account) and add the downloaded songs to the song packs folder in /pandora/appdata/osps/songpacks folder.
There's also 100's of beatmap packs available, each one containing around 10 songs. These need to be un-Rar'd in the same songpacks folder.
On the next start of the game it will extract the songs and add them to the library automagically.
With the download section not taken into account this software is quite decent to play and have hours of fun with. :)

As for the game itself, in the options/music menu, the delay of the music can be set.
It was set to -75ms by default and I changed that to -105ms for better accuracy with the music. Though, there is a slight input delay from the touch screen which makes the more difficult maps too hard to play with the touch screen but they're so mad fast and need so much mad skills that you wouldn't want to play maps like that on the Pandora anyway. :p Most beat maps on Easy and Normal level are hard enough and a lot of fun. Some maps on Hard level are do-able too but most aren't.

Some fun maps I can recommend:

https://osu.ppy.sh/d/449527
https://osu.ppy.sh/d/390388
https://osu.ppy.sh/d/442378
https://osu.ppy.sh/d/460322

The "new style" sliders are the one that used GL Shader. Thoses will not draw now, but I'm supposed to have desabled the use of the new style sliders, so I was excpecting them to still show? I have to re-check the code.

Same issue here. Can they be switched to the old style ones in the config file?
As we're still using the old config file, maybe you set it there.

I uploaded a beta of Opsu! here. Can someone test if slider are correct now?

*EDIT* Link removed, the version is on the repo now.

Last edited:
W00T!
I played 3 maps without encountering any problems. All sliders seem to show so far, and also the input delay seems to be a lot better. Thank you for this new version, the software seems much more mature and polished than the previous version.
*Happy*

Back