Ordered in 2009 from craigs shop

neutralrobot

Still Fresh
I guess I'm just 100% fucked at this point. Having realised that I won't be getting a unit anytime soon and needing the money (Ha!), I decided to go for a refund. But of course refunds don't happen either. I'm at a point where I expect to not get my money or a Pandora. ED's doing awesome heroic work trying to get everyone out of this mess, but I feel like I've made the exact wrong decision at the wrong time and I don't know what to do here.

I ordered in 2009 with Craig's shop, and canceled in December last year. I don't seem to be hearing much about roadmaps for refunds... Can anyone recommend any course of action for me to take at this point? I'm really at a loss. I originally ordered through Google checkout, but I understand that account has been closed.

@neutralrobot:

Two options that I can see worth consideration:

1) Hoping that Craig gets enough profits from iCP2 project so he can refund his Pandora customers. Though this might take some time, as the iCP2 isn't apparently even out of the door yet. Not to mention we don't know whether it will even produce that much profit.
2) ... Was thinking of cross-upgrading, but not sure if possible as you have already requested a refund. Though as it is practically +/- 0 for ED, he might be willing to do that, assuming it's also OK with Craig's company. If you go this route, you'll have the Pandora shipped to you in few days (plus transportation time). Do note though, that the cross-upgrade basically means you'll pay the production cost, which I think was roughly as much as what you originally paid for the Pandora. But other than this and option 1, you don't have much of a choice.

Some people think about going at this via courts, but as you might have already read around the forums, the common consensus on suing Craig's company is "quite futile". Unless of course you can find a kind lawyer that does this "pro bono", as in without charging you.  :D

Well, if you want to try route 2, you should first inquire from ED whether it's okay with him. If it is, then contact Craig's company, and ask whether this is ok with them, and mention that ED already gave the green light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm just 100% fucked at this point. Having realised that I won't be getting a unit anytime soon and needing the money (Ha!), I decided to go for a refund. But of course refunds don't happen either. I'm at a point where I expect to not get my money or a Pandora. ED's doing awesome heroic work trying to get everyone out of this mess, but I feel like I've made the exact wrong decision at the wrong time and I don't know what to do here.

I ordered in 2009 with Craig's shop, and canceled in December last year. I don't seem to be hearing much about roadmaps for refunds... Can anyone recommend any course of action for me to take at this point? I'm really at a loss. I originally ordered through Google checkout, but I understand that account has been closed.
I guess craigix will be more than happy to cancel your refund...

Money don't grow on trees, but Pandoras he gets for free from ED sells some pandoras...

now as to know if you'll get the same queue position...

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess craigix will be more than happy to cancel your refund...

Money don't grow on trees, but Pandoras he gets for free from ED sells some pandoras...

now as to know if you'll get the same queue position...
I did order 2009, upgraded to 1 Ghz in aug 2012 and got que pos 156. Back then one of my reasons for upgrading was that I was told that upgrade orders would ship by the end of aug.2012.

So after august and september went by, I got frustrated and did cancel my order in hope to get the money back.

Then I reconsidered, realizing that a refund in any case would happen not before all units was shipped anyway, and reactivated my order. 

I asked to maintain my original que position. I did not get a clear answer regarding my que position, but Jacquelyn did reply this:

"We have shipped up to 103 in the queue list and are hoping to ship all outstanding 1Ghz orders by February."

That reply was made 7. jan 2013

And from recent posts here it is going not so bad I think, when que no. 110 was sent at the end of january and 135 at the 8 february. Thats a jump of 25 in the que number in the last few weeks. If this is to continue it should be close to the end of the 1ghz que by the end of february.

yes, for 1GHz upgrade...

the last rebirth preorder sent we have heard of was sent on the 8th of june 2012...

and there's around 600 rebirth preorder left from the latest information we got

Back