Out Of Curiosity...

I'm a 21 year old Linux noob.
Hope to still be 21 when I get my pandora and to lose noobness a few weeks after I get it.

Nearly 39 years young. I start on Sharp MZ-821. I like some old games, but not really nostalgic or retro oriented. Still like Amiga emulation as I wanted one in her era but doesn't have enough money.

Monk said:
You're all just kids. I am hoping I get my Pandora before I turn 45.
I am also 0x2C hoping not to be +=1 before the Pandora arrives, but as that's +=Two Months[sup]tm[/sup] I have hope.

Sphinxter said:
Double the average.
Mean, Median or Mode?

svs-57 said:
I'm 53.
Also like porting Open Software to ARM on Zaurus 5500, sl750, Nokia n810 etc
Well let's all hope you add Pandora to your résumé.

Wild_Duck said:
62 in March, Started with an Atari 2600 Games console, Vic20, C64, Amiga500, Amiga1200, PC desktop, Laptop, Gp2x F100, F200.
Well according to my skim of this topic I think you've got the high-score.

Started with an Atari 2600 Games console, ZX81, Vic20, QL, Atari ST, PC desktop(s), Mini-ITX(Via), Gp2x F200.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 30.5 years old.

And this is my console / PC historic: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, SFamicom (US SNES, I bought it because it didnt have the black letterbox borders but it had lower resolution), Mega Drive, 32x, Genesis (US Mega Drive), Amiga 1200 with extra memory, Mathematic coprocessor and hard drive, Game Gear, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, CD32, 386, Saturn, 486 (Cyrix), Pentium, Dreamcast, Neo Geo Pocket, Gameboy advance, Playstation, various PC's (including MAC), XBOX, XBOX360, PSP, Playstation 3, Wii.... AND if nothing new comes before Pandora :) PANDORA !!!

I followed all the mishaps, good and bad news, silently. I knew from the start it will take a while for the Pandora to get released, and with that knowledge I preordered it (October 2008).

I am a games programmer, and I am really excited with the Pandora, hopefully I will contribute and create some fun games (I already own the beagleboard and did some programming on it).

(naw)mcx said:
Mithrildor said:
chocoboy said:
I guess I'm pretty young compared to most of you, I'm 15 (almost 16) but I still can't wait to get some Amiga, Atari ST, and dosbox running :)

Yay , finally someone with the same age as me :D

You're 15!?

I always thought you were older then me!

I iz moar mature than U iz

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 26.5

I have pretty much same gaming history as Ikarus little bit over my post. Only exceptions are original xbox and 3DO.

Oh, you strange Europe-ers with your Vectrices and your Amigas! For me, the great flowering of vidja games was the SNES and Genesis. I had an NES, but very few games that I used to play on it grab me much any more (in fact sometimes it's quite the reverse...any other madpeople out there try to beat Rampage?). I tried the N64 only briefly, and ignored the Playstation entirely. The Dreamcast put an arcade in my TV, which was a fun time. About four years ago, I got a Playstation 2, but the majority of games I bought for it were for the Playstation, the ones that had aged sufficiently well. And then there was Maude the Pandora, the portable SNES/future-computer I've been dreaming of for about half my life.

It's an exciting time.

I'm 24... Soon to be 25

Ordered my pandora very recently (maybe one of the last pieces), but have been following it for almost a year now.. :pandora2ut4:

I'm 35

Ordered the Pandora, just waiting for the mail with the Google checkout stuff so I can pay it. I'm stoked about this machine!

My first system was a Philips Videopac. I've alo had a MSX 1. That the Spectravideo one with the built in 3,5' disdrive. I loaded up a game in a couple of seconds while my friends where waiting for 20 minutes on their cassettes :D

I've had an Atari ST and STE. A nes, snes, psx, gameboy, gameboy DSi as well as always access to a PC.

I've got fond memories of frustrating hours getting the ball under control with Kickoff, Colonial Conquest on the Atari ST that took days. Heroes of Might and Magic 1 was my first true love and I still play 3 and 5 regularly. Of course the first RPG's and adventures like Bards Tale, every Ultima but also the Sierra point and clicks like Spacequest (Roger Wilco FTW!), Kings Quest and of course Larry. Those where the days where there was no internet so if you got stuck you had to either find someone who was farther then you or hope that the question get's answered in a magazine.

What else.. Text adventures of course! Hard as hell! All the Lucas Art adventures, thank god for SCUMM :D Can't wait to get my daughters (you have to make due with what you get...) playing the first 2D Mario platforms on the TV with the Pandora. Mario Kart on the SNES! Still love that game. Can't wait.

I'm forgetting all kinds of games, I'll probably have to stop myself editing this post every two minutes :D

edit: mail received, Pandora paid, no way back now :)

30 here, 31 tomorrow......

at that rate I'll be 90 before I get the Pandora :D

Back