Outcast (castaway) Lives! (screenshot Only)

Cyclone needs to be rechecked; lots of fixes over the last few months so I'll have to see again..

OVerclocking the emulated ST is tricky stuff; ie: New machines have more independant cooperating components, but back in those days things were of 'high cohesion'.. upping the clockrate on the main CPU could sometimes muck things up good. That said, I don't know .. Back in the day I was a young pup and couldn't afford the overclocking pcb mods for the real machines nor understand what they did.. you could buy some boards with newer or faster CPUs for sure, but I don't know if you could o/c the 68000 itself, or what the effect could be -- the RAM may not have handled it, etc.

So while certainly I'll offer gp2x o/cing in the app, we could mess with overclocking the main CPU to see what happens.. but I imagine the results would be unpredictable; maybe the games would run faster, or maynbe sound would explode.. hard to say, and it'd depend on the game itselof -- ie: If it measured time by the system clock or if it did some tricks on the CPU.

Certainly an interesting experiment I've not done in years.. back years ago I muckered with it a little, but I was still developing my emu and I really don't recall if it was useful.

Running twice as many opcodes per cycle is easily done in the code of course, but god only knows.

I'm game :)

jeff

Back