Outcast Help

redstripe

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone please give me a step by step guide on how to create a directory on the SD Card to put tos roms so the emulator will recognise them

thanks

All that you need to do is hook up your GP2X to your USB cable, open the drive under windows, and make a new folder.

Or if you have a card reader you can do the same thing.

MrHillBilly posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:34 PM said:
All that you need to do is hook up your GP2X to your USB cable, open the drive under windows, and make a new folder.

Or if you have a card reader you can do the same thing.

I tried this but it still said tos rom not found

Last edited by a moderator:
The easiest way is do one of the following:

1. Connect a USB cable from the GP2X to your PC (Don't use the supplied cable with the GP2X as that is known to have problems). After doing so, enable the GP2X USB mode and select SD.

2. Plug your SD card into an SD card reader, this is preferable as the data rate is a lot faster, same as above, it will appear as a drive on your system.

If you did the above, you will have a removable drive appear in my computer. As a normal drive, create folders and copy files. For what files and folders you need, see the readme's that accompany the relevant emulators.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:38 PM said:
The easiest way is do one of the following:

1. Connect a USB cable from the GP2X to your PC (Don't use the supplied cable with the GP2X as that is known to have problems). After doing so, enable the GP2X USB mode and select SD.

2. Plug your SD card into an SD card reader, this is preferable as the data rate is a lot faster, same as above, it will appear as a drive on your system.

If you did the above, you will have a removable drive appear in my computer. As a normal drive, create folders and copy files. For what files and folders you need, see the readme's that accompany the relevant emulators.

Only have the USB lead that came with GP2X and dont have a SD card reader,so this is what I done.Created a new folder on the SD Card ( Removable Disk )called roms put the tos rom in there,tried the emulator and it says - No TOS.ROM file found - run will fail

Last edited by a moderator:
TOS.ROM needs to be inside a folder called atari-st within roms, so :

roms/atari-st

If you go inside roms and create it, and then copy in TOS.ROM all should be well

Don't forget to rename the TOS file you've found to TOS.ROM (could be something like tos102.img)
Best tos version is 1.02

hi can anyone please help me i have had my gp2x for about 3 weeks and im playing all the snes/megadrive/mame and freeware fine but my problem is im trying to play atari st games and have installed OutcaST and done everything of the instructions like making a atari-st folder and inserting the tos.rom in there with a couple of games but when i go to use it the outcast on the gp2x it runs but it keeps saying press x to continue thenit says message no disks were selected-using defaults then it says press x and then says no tos.rom file found-run will fail and it goes back to the menu on the gp2x what am i doing wrong i am runing v3.0 dont no if this matters if you can help i will be most grateful many thanks .dean

Back