OUYA Review

Technically they delivered to backers first, all of the backer Ouyas are at the their distribution facility in Hong Kong where they were meant to have been sent out .  The vast majority have got theirs, but there seems to be some delay with some either in transit or with the distribution facility.

That's why they couldn't send Retail Ouya's, ie because the KS ones are already produced and in the distribution system. 

I have had the OUYA as a kickstarter so it's been a time now with it.

My thoughts briefly..not that anyone asked for them. :lol:  ..are that for lighthearted games it is tops and I am very pleased. However attempting to produce more graphical demanding  games thus far such as 'Shadowrun' are unsuccessful. In other words,,,I would compare Shadowrun to a  XBOX [not the 360] game graphically but with many faults. I found with this game there was aliasing, run in when close up..especially into walls and clunky unrealistic movement of the main character whatever his name was. The AI was idiotic at best and the controls a bit wonky.The missions were one and the same/repetitive and not challenging. Very disappointing even for a 5 dollar game.

Games like ..Puddle, Polarity, The Ball, Proton Pulse, Zombies and Trains, Beast Boxing Turbo,Stalagflight, Kinito Ninja, EVAC, RoboXcape, Pix N Love Rush, Chrono Blade, Gunslugs and Dub Wars are very well done and fun for me. There is even a twisted game called 'GET TO THA CHOPPA' where none other than Iron Mike Tyson supplies the audio..."when I'm in the ring i'm a G.D"..I wonder how many pounds he made for that one??

I do not regret this purchase at all. 

Last edited:
Darn it amazon.de have not got any ouya stock yet due to shortage i think. I ordered one from there to be sent to sweden.

I hope its not too long or ill cancel and order it somewhere else.

^^^^^yeah. I havent seen anything too exciting yet.im develiping an ouya game and i quite fancy my chances now.

Save the Puppies! is actually amazing. top production value AND attention to detail AND most of all, a fun concept on a mobile game? my only complaint with it is the micro-transaction aspects (which seem to be purely optional, so far). i highly recommend this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

... they may ditch the controller altogether and allow you to use your own device.

Good but no good.  Good is you can use any controller you want.  No good is that particular controller I like will no longer be in manufacture?  Well, I guess a controller lasts pretty long so this may not be a problem.  I may grab a dozen of the controllers I like just in case :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back