Overclocking

Apeiron

Here's My understanding of overclocking.
You force the processor to run faster then it should. that all I know.
Can some fill in/cross out the blanks for me.
And can you overclock a machine yourself if so how?
(Don't worry I won't do it myself)

Thanks again...don't worry soon I'll run out of Q's

What about overclocking.
All Gp32's can clock to 133mhz, but many do overclock even higher, even as high as 220mhz. Well whats the difference? Just speed. Does this waste a significant amount of battery time? Yes, but very little. The only way your garaunteed to get a 166mhz or a 180mhz is purchasing your Gp32 at gbax.com. If you have one and want to upgrade yours, http://console-fix.co.uk

this is from jr2swiss' new faq

Some Gp32's can oc to a certain speed, 220mhz is prob the fastest i've heard of. You can't really force it to go to a certain speed. It will either freeze instantly, or in a few minutes freeze.

The program ussually gives you an option to oc how high you want, like opensnes or fgen32. -_-

Overclocking the GP32 is in software and most software has some clockspeed selections already built in so you don't have to do anything...

Otherwise you can hex edit the file to the desired clockspeed :)

Lethe posted on Aug 31 2004 at 01:59 AM said:
What about overclocking.
All Gp32's can clock to 133mhz, but many do overclock even higher, even as high as 220mhz. Well whats the difference? Just speed. Does this waste a significant amount of battery time? Yes, but very little. The only way your garaunteed to get a 166mhz or a 180mhz is purchasing your Gp32 at gbax.com. If you have one and want to upgrade yours, http://console-fix.co.uk

this is from jr2swiss' new faq

^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
haha glad you noticed ^_^ i got a couple pictures off google and used paint to sorta merge them together just like my other signature. i lost my photoshop when my computer got reformatted so it kinda suked. i did to celebrate my 300th post. o and also i changed my title too. and its based on asr coz... i just felt like it

Back