Overriding Pnd Icon....

jonlad1

I've been trying to override the pnd icon for PicoDrive (for no particular reason, just playing around) and cant seem to get it to work...

The user manual says this "If you wish to provide your own icon, create it with the same location and filename, but as a .pnd file: /pandora/desktop/Hatari.png"

I did this and changed the named to "picodrive" and even the actual name of the pnd file "picodrive_betaxxx" (cant remember the exact name at the moment)

Anyone else tried this?

Maybe you have to create an .ovr file too to make it recognize you want to change the icon. Just guessing, though.

I tried it once and it worked for me. Just made .png, named it the same as the pnd, and placed the pnd and png in pandora/menu folder.

Maybe your png is too large in resolution?

OVerriding icon definately works (lots of people seem to do it, notably DaveC, and he'd rip me a new one if it didn't work :)

So put the .png file with the exact same filename and location as the pnd file, but with .pnd instead of .pnd -- exactly the same looking otherwise.

Also has to be a valid png file. I've ensured testing of that feature over time, so it works :)

(No .ovr file is needed; that is for overriding other bits.)

(and yes, once I start to get free time again in a few weeks, I'll make a .pvr editor app, so you can just use a GUI to do stuff like setting override clockspeed and such.)

jeff

Back