Paid for "Upgrade" Pandora and this is what I get ????

I guess he wanted that the device he spent 500$ on would have been not damaged.

What's up with that attitude? We all love the OPT, but sending out a "premium" unit wich is damaged in a way that can be seen with the bare eye is just something that should not happen. He has every right to be pissed about it, methinks. I would be too.

Sure, the replacement wasn't slow compared with other products, but a feeling like "oh great, I payed additional money and still have to wait a month" is just human. Feelings aren't rational.

I guess I was a little bit out of line. But who said the crack in the case and the none working "1" Button wasn't a shipping issue? I mean it's not like the unit is not working and OP immediately paid for shipping it back and took care. I really think this is perfect service. It is not "human" to assume a premium pandora is perfect in my opinion. The deal was: We need money, so you can get your unit faster if you pay more to upgrade. Not: If you pay more you get a 100% flawless unit guaranteed!

I really, really don't understand how these QA issues keep coming up. This warrants a great deal more attention from OPT Ltd., than it appears they are currently giving ..

I really, really don't understand how these QA issues keep coming up. This warrants a great deal more attention from OPT Ltd., than it appears they are currently giving ..

Do you know how QC is done at a company? Every unit is not looked at under a microscope. Every unit is not examined for full functionality. 1 unit out of hundreds and sometimes thousands are taken out and tested.

So we expect OPT to examine and inspect EVERY unit? And we expect them to actually get any shipped?

Actually, having worked for electronics manufacturers for years, I *do* know how QC works. If its done *properly*, then YES EVERY SINGLE DEVICE IS INSPECTED BEFORE IT GOES OFF THE LINE.

D'uh.

And yes, I *do* expect OPT to spend an extra 10 minutes inspecting *EVERY* Pandora.

The troubles caused by them *not* doing this are ludicrous and damage the project immensely.

That's a good turn around time but it's a shame it was needed at all is Torpor's point, plus it's now cost OPT even more. Seems little issues keep slipping through and admittedly we only hear of the few units with issues, as the majority of owners are silent here unless they have one. So it seems like a bigger number than it actually is. However given that OPT aren't shipping hundreds or thousands of units per week, you would think even given the small staff number that they should be able to catch these defects to avoid these returns/costs and disgruntled 1st impressions.

Actually, having worked for electronics manufacturers for years, I *do* know how QC works. If its done *properly*, then YES EVERY SINGLE DEVICE IS INSPECTED BEFORE IT GOES OFF THE LINE.

D'uh.

And yes, I *do* expect OPT to spend an extra 10 minutes inspecting *EVERY* Pandora.

The troubles caused by them *not* doing this are ludicrous and damage the project immensely.

They are already checking it, but each batch from CC has some other quirks they're not used to yet.

Adding 10 minutes for every unit is kind of impossible though - with 4000 units, that would mean additional 40.000 Minutes, which is 666 hours or 83 fulltime working days.

Works fine if you can hire more staff, but who is going to pay them? :/

Would did really be 10 Minutes? I did a quick test of:

- Booting the unit

- Whilst booting: Checking

- Buttons

- DPAD

- Nubs

- Keys

- Volume wheel

- SD Card slots

- LCD - Lid

- Case

... for basic feeling

- After boot testing USB, SD Cards, SD Mass Storage and all buttons in Mousepad

- Turned WLAN on and connected

...in under 2 and a half minute. Optimise/train that and you'll have a time below 2 minutes per unit. At a payment of 10€ a hour thats something around 1500€ for ALL 4000 Pandoras to check. Is that really so much less than what was paid on RMAs?

Or did Craig speculise on those who would keep their pandora even if it has flaws because they waited that long?!? :blink: Even if that thread in the main section isn't representing the whole truth: 25% stated, that their pandora had flaws on arrival. I cannot push away the thought that flawed units were shipped knowing that they had such.

Last edited by a moderator:
NM not worth it. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back