GP2X Painting Your Gp2x For Ease Of Use

seen12

Still Fresh
I just paint letters on the buttons ie. the "A","B","X" and 'Y" red so they stand out against the black , but only the letters, and I all so painted the volume lettering on the volume button and "start" "select" lettering and the corresponding buttons as well in white. I looks slick and it makes button easier to see, I'll try to post a pic.
I used model paint, the kind you can get in little 1 oz jars, and the plastic "safe" paint thiner that is made by the same company. I filled the groves in and then very carefully wiped of the excess with the paint thiner and a dry cotton swab.

ps I all so paint the "L" and "R" red

and I think I'm going to paint the little circle that goes around and the "A" "B" "X" "Y" buttons, but I think I'll wait tell me warrenty runs out as it's not going to be easy with the buttons in place, I'll think about it.

it looks good when the pic scaled down.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7yznikd19d1

let me know if I should use a another host

ok I'm done painting and this is the finale pic.

kinda cool dont you think?

dscn1002dq9.th.jpg
dscn1002dq9.jpg

lawndart said:

dscn1002dq9.th.jpg
dscn1002dq9.jpg

looks sweet, nice job. i dare say might have a go myself, which size brush did u use btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
kaygroth said:
lawndart said:

dscn1002dq9.th.jpg
dscn1002dq9.jpg

looks sweet, nice job. i dare say might have a go myself, which size brush did u use btw?

no brush, I used ear swabs/Q-tips, I tried using a brush but it didn't work to well, just use as little paint as you can and get ready to wipe off any of the over paint. You need a plastic safe thiner/solvent to wipe of the extra paint. One thats citrus based or one used for plastic modeling, check out my first post for more info on how I did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back