Release PandaBAS updated, for those that care about that sort of thing :-)

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Hi again -

I've also (along with FMN) updated PandaBAS. This version comes with Sysvar support (you can seriously screw things up with these so be careful!) and a new ability to run the file s:startup-sequence, which currently loads a new editor font which is larger and easier to see on the Pandora screen.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pandabas.zxdunny.2994

I know it's kind of a niche project, but I love it to bits.

D.

Thanx a lot. I tried out and then modified startup-sequence to also change font of output text.

without it i was unable to read it.

50 DATA "editorfont",5,"fontbankid",5,"editorwrap",1,"splitstatements",0,"",0

now i can try demos, i simply could not read their filenames.

is this modification OK, or is there more suitable sysvar to temper?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx a lot. I tried out and then modified startup-sequence to also change font of output text.

I would go for "SYSFONT". "EDITORFONT" sets the font used in the editor and error windows, "SYSFONT" is the default font ID. "FONTBANKID" only holds the current font bank ID number, so could be subject to change unexpectedly.

Please feed back any bugs you might encounter, I'm still heavily involved in developing this :)

D.

What, no PING? No ZAP? EXPLODE? SHOOT? :p

Not yet, no :-D

There will be more support for sound - I'm not much of a sound guy, so I only support WAV/VOC/MP3/MOD/S3M/XM/IT files (some of those as music channels, most except modules as samples). I'm building support for PLAY (same syntax as Speccy PLAY command) with sample support, all RATE parameters being able to take octave/note notation and streaming sound buffers. Streaming sound buffers are a must for the folks writing emulators in SpecBAS - someone has written a Space Invaders emulator in it :)

I'm hoping to get a sound effect generator command in there too, based on the sfxr algorithms.

But first, I'm finding bugs in the editor that need squashing :-D

D.

I'm taking sfxr and implementing it in LOAD81, so I'll be interested in your progress too!

I would go for "SYSFONT". "EDITORFONT" sets the font used in the editor and error windows, "SYSFONT" is the default font ID. "FONTBANKID" only holds the current font bank ID number, so could be subject to change unexpectedly.

Please feed back any bugs you might encounter, I'm still heavily involved in developing this :)

D.

hmm :( , sysfont does not work for me.

Back