pandian - MARK2

I forgot to mention: the Pandora button doesn't work for me... I'll se about bringing my own keymapstuff over from the older card when I have a chance.

Released:

pandian (0.4-1)

* trigger-panel dont overlapp now

* merge sudoers pdcmd together

* Add pandian init-script which load WLAN-status and swapon

* pdcmd: now save the last state of wifi/lcd/cpu and restore it

* pdcmd: reworked the script

* pdcmd: switch wifi-led on if wifi is on
Thanks for this.  I upgraded a few hours ago and got 0.4-4 (I think -- pandora is elsewhere at the moment).  Low power mode seems to work better and the wifi LED definitely works!

the 0.4-4 is a fix of the debian package, where lxpanel was not reloaded after install the trigger-panel ( the one at the top ).

i also mentioned: if we set all processes to STOP, it get killed after RESUME i dont know why, but i deactivate this from the low-power mode. So no process get stopped and resumed ( i need stability, hope everyone agree with that ). So that fix was also in this release :)

Ah and i forgot to say, dont worry that the lid is not turned off if low-power-mode is switched on, its not a bug :) Just close the lid and it gets off.

And a small update: i rework the alsa-configuration and get some results which a little bit more clear. If everything work, i push it to the debian packages

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't quite understand your comment about alsa.  In any case, I have mpc/mpd working just fine with alsa with the version I got when I upgraded to 0.4.

thanks.

Ah, I haven't tried recording.  Not something I do much, if at all...  I'll see if I can give it a go.  Any recommendations on application to use?

I didn't quite understand your comment about alsa.  In any case, I have mpc/mpd working just fine with alsa with the version I got when I upgraded to 0.4.

thanks.
Yep, of course its working, but its working quick & dirty ;)

Actually ive found out how to setup alsa on my laptop to use HDMI and Analog at the same time with multiple applications.. so next: the pandora :D

Just an update and a couple of questions.

The update is that I have now been using Pandian every day since I installed it, and using it seriously.  It's working great overall.  I've installed further software using apt-get and it's just so nice having a full Debian system in my pocket!

The questions are:

1. Where is the key map defined for X? I get lost... The faulty mappings of Fn-c and Fc-g are starting to get in the way now that I am using the Pandora for productive activities.
  2. I would like the lid closing/opening to execute the low power script.  Where is the setting for the lid action defined?
Any pointers for either of these two would be most welcome!

Thanks,

eric

The keymap in X is loaded by .xsessionrc from the users home directory.

The keymap is placed in your home directory in .pndXmodmap

Until now there is no setting for that. I create an feature request and will provide an graphical frontend to setup this :)

Some fix for the .pndXmodmap:

add at the end of your file .pndXmodmap in the users home-directory the following lines

keycode 51 = backslash

keycode 21 = equal

This fix your problems @eric

Some fix for the .pndXmodmap:

add at the end of your file .pndXmodmap in the users home-directory the following lines

keycode 51 = backslash

keycode 21 = equal

This fix your problems @eric
Done and it does.  Thanks.

I also found /etc/apci/events/lid which I customised to give me low power mode when the lid is shut.

I'm a happy camper basically!  :)

Installed it yesterday and works fine. Having Debian's repository available is fantastic.

PND support would be nice for Pandora specific software and optimized ports.

Was it pandian-mark2-hf_2014-01-02 ?  I cant get that one to work, only the base (minimal) image. Also, CC, rebirth or 1GHz?
Yes, I installed pandian-mark2-hf_2014-01-02. I am not sure if I tried it on my CC or rebirth Pandora - will verify later. I don’t own a 1Ghz so certainly not a 1GHz.

I just tried it (normal version) and immediately bricked the login screen. The reason is the keyboard layout and my password. Some special characters are unavailable, e.g. <> . I'm using the German keyboard layout.

USB Keyboards don't work here and also I don't know how to change to a terminal(CTRL+ALT+Fx doesn't work either).

EDIT:

At least, I could fix my problem by messing with the xorg.conf.

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Keyboard Defaults"
MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbVariant" "altgr-intl"
EndSection
EDIT2:...But I cannot login as root.

EDIT3:

Even if I only set en_US locales, I still cannot login as root. - wrong password.

[solved]

Another day has begun and today I had more luck.

I went for another SD card, another computer for transfer, other locales, but none as default, and another password.

Yes, I did. I could imagine there were multiple problems. I often experience data corruption when copying from my laptop to SD cards, I don't know why.
That probably lead to the first bug: setting an admin password on the first start failed. I could write something different when it asked me to retype the password and this was accepted, but on the user setup I sometimes had the opposite: I typed in the right password, but it detected a mismatch.

Now where it's fixed and everything works well, I have installed all updates and some other software and it works very stable. Sometimes it gets confused with the low-power state, but that's a minor issue. :)

Back