pandian - MARK2

Hmm, i don't see the error, could you please post the messages before ?

Try: apt-get -f install
"apt-get -f install" did not fix it.

#apt-get install pandian

https://gist.github.com/xekarfwtos/0f46875997681d4d7cc5

The interesting lines are:

Code:
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/pandian_0.6-3_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/lib/firmware/wl1251-fw.bin', which is also in package linux-pandian 0.2-0

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay, ive move the linux-pandian package to main, so please upgrade linux-pandian with: apt-get update && apt-get install linux-pandian and post if it works :)

Oh, no, its not included, i look through the code and it looks pretty nice. But most of the thinks we use udev for lid etc. But i check in detail.

( battery charging is done by the chip, the kernel seems to set the charger-led it self )

so, there is still much to do :)

it seems there is a hardware bug in the charging chip, so one *have* to use the pndevmapperd script-mechanism.

please see:

http://pandorawiki.org/Power_modes#Charging_2

"Charging

/sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_*/*. Enable/disable charging through those files. The charger chip has trouble operating in automatic mode (overcharges the battery), so pndevmapperd uses enable/disable to prevent that."

so it might be that charging without superzaxxon os could overload/damage the battery.

please check, to avoid massdestruction! ;)

so it might be that charging without superzaxxon os could overload/damage the battery.

please check, to avoid massdestruction!  ;)
Maybe related: I noticed my pandora got extremely hot with the charger plugged in on pandian. I was also compiling SDL 2.0 at the time, but as far as I know my pandora has never become that hot on SZ.
OMG !!! Thanks !!! I tag this as very urgent ( #011 ) and go immediately to compile and pack it.

Update: Compiled and packed the basic packages ( libpnd and pndevmapperd ) testing actually the pndevmapperd

Maybe related: I noticed my pandora got extremely hot with the charger plugged in on pandian. I was also compiling SDL 2.0 at the time, but as far as I know my pandora has never become that hot on SZ.

Nice, could you pack an debian package ? ( or provide the binarys so i can pack it also ) to upload it to openpandora.org ;)

Nice, could you pack an debian package ? ( or provide the binarys so i can pack it also ) to upload it to openpandora.org ;)
There's not really any point. With my test app which loads n sprites (tested with 5) and makes them bounce around the edges of the screen it updates 1 frame every ~2 seconds or so. Same app runs full speed on SuperSaxxon.

So even though it works; _image, _mixer, _ttf and _net included -> SDL 2.0 is painfully slow on pandian right now. :)

So even though it works; _image, _mixer, _ttf and _net included -> SDL 2.0 is painfully slow on pandian right now.
Hmm, this can be caused by the missing opengl speedup. I'am not really firm with that, but as i know ( correct me if iam wrong ) you need to have an binary image for GPU which is actually not available for hard float abi

pndevmapperd is on testing-stage ( on my pandora ) but i have the problem with login: "No one logged in yet .. spinning" but i will try to check how to fix this

Update: i think i found it, seems slim.conf need to update for utmp

Update: okay that's it. I've upload it to test-repository(evilbrain.de), i check if packages works fine and then i release it ;)

pndevmapperd is on testing-stage ( on my pandora ) but i have the problem with login: "No one logged in yet .. spinning" but i will try to check how to fix this

Update: i think i found it, seems slim.conf need to update for utmp

Update: okay that's it. I've upload it to test-repository, check if packages works fine and then i release it ;)
I run "echo "deb http://pandian.openpandora.org/debian pandian test" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pandian-test.list" to enable test repo as you advised me.

But apt-get update; apt-get install pndevmapperd "E: Unable to locate package pndevmapperd"

Hmm okay, just for information thats how i release an package:

Step1: Create local the package and install it with "dpkg -i" on my pandora

Step2: If everything works, upload it to evilbrain into the testing branch to generate Release / Release.pgp. I do an apt-get update on my pandora and try to install "over the air" from the evilbrain-server

Step3 ( optional ): If everything works, push files to openpandora.org test-repository if needed. So people who would like to test it, can do that.

Step4: If everything works, upload the packages and release-files to openpandora.org into the main branch. Upload sources to openpandora.org

I don't have some specific timeline from Step3 to Step4 ( maybe i think about that one time )

on my prev post i was on Step2 ;) But now i uploaded the files to test-branch on openpandora.org ( so we are on Step3 )

( upgrade with: apt-get install pandian evilnet-fluxbox )

Updating now.

When pandian boots it reports an error on script /usr/bin/pdcmd at line 304:

echo: invalid argument
I run the command on a bash shell and it runs fine.

could you try reboot again ? ( on mine, it seems to work )

line 304 calculate the cpuspeed for freqd

would be good to know which opp-profile pandian uses, to keep the voltage for the soc low.
see http://pandorawiki.org/Power_modes#Operating_Point

Update: Compiled and packed the basic packages ( libpnd and pndevmapperd ) testing actually the pndevmapperd
thanks! good to hear no gear harmed! :)

would be good to know which opp-profile pandian uses, to keep the voltage for the soc low
OPP-Level is set automatically by the kernel, so if i run my pandora on 400MHz dmesg report: 

platform mpu.0: max MPU OPP set to 3

if i set to 700MHz dmesg report:

platform mpu.0: max MPU OPP set to 5

could you try reboot again ? ( on mine, it seems to work )

line 304 calculate the cpuspeed for freqd
The same

line 304: echo: write error: Invalid argument

I tried from bash again as root:

Code:
# echo $[ 1000 * 1000 ] > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed
bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

thanks! good to hear no gear harmed!
Well, my pandora keeps to get warm. I think this not vanished by software ( if its not fully loaded )

As far as i know, ( okay, my power-regulator for my LED light at home gets hot, because of 6A output ( jep its adjustable LM338K ) ) cause the heat from the current-output to the battery / pandora. Need to check when the pandora is fully loaded ( yeah )

I tried from bash again as root: # echo $[ 1000 * 1000 ] > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

could you do: "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed" and post the result ?

Back