Pandora 3D Remeshing

MWeston said:
NLS said:
But still, best to ask for DaveC's approval first.
Fixed. It's his design to share or not share ultimately, within the courtesy of not giving it all away for someone to copy after all this hard work. I can't see him doing that though.

That's interesting. I understand DaveC did the heavy lifting... but I thought OpenPandora Ltd. *owned* the design. It's nice that you leave the descision up to the one who did the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackPixel said:
This is my first post here and I'm not really used to forums anyway, so err...... hi all ? :D

*cough*

I've downloaded the STLs of the pandora a long time ago and finallly had a couple of hours to work on them.

So the STLs are pretty much the usual screwup you get when you go from nurbs / volumes to polygons.
No real topology, open edges, double faces etc. sudivision? forget it ^^
And you also need get rid of those perfect sharp edges to get some nice highlights.

Soooo I started to do a complete remesh / retopo to get a decent model for rendering.. MUAHAHAHA!! :D

Right now I'm done with the stylus and the back of the top part.
I try to get rid of unnecessary polys without sacrificing any detail aaaand maintain a subdividable topology.
It's not final yet and I know I can go lower with the polycount.
..especially the stylus - but this was the first test and I'll reduce it when Im done with the whole thingy ^^

so if anyone's interested I would gladly share the files when I'm done.

I'm working in 3dsmax 2k8, but I can spit our anything from obj to fbx ;)

Here's the progress so far:

The top part:

remesh01.th.jpg
remesh02.th.jpg

And the stylus:

stylus01.th.jpg

I think I'll be done some time next week, coz I'm not home this weekend.

cheers
pix
So your first thing you say when you get on the forums is "Hey I'm gonna make a exact software model!" Werid

Attachments

• remesh01.th.jpg
    remesh01.th.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 96
  • remesh02.th.jpg
    remesh02.th.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 97
  • stylus01.th.jpg
    stylus01.th.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 93
Trickyhero said:
BlackPixel said:
This is my first post here and I'm not really used to forums anyway, so err...... hi all ? :D

*cough*

I've downloaded the STLs of the pandora a long time ago and finallly had a couple of hours to work on them.
So your first thing you say when you get on the forums is "Hey I'm gonna make a exact software model!" Werid

The first thing pix has said is "Hi everyone, here's the kind of thing I can do, which may benefit our little community". Not that odd IMHO.

Hello my Name is Mr. Youkon Trustmea,

im the CTO of a company in DUBAI, i would like to sponsore your project with one million barrels of oil,
all i need is the board layout of the pandora, the mulding model and of course all drivers and software sources.

Please send all data to IcopyW/ObrekaingTheLaw@TrustworthyLookingGuyfromDubai.org

jeah just kidding!
Im really interrested in a 3D modell of the Pandora,
is there any low polygon model out there? I want to use it in a special padora 3d demo.

Back