Pandora 7-day available again

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I'm happy to fiddle in command line (iwconfig and similar?), is there a tutorial to help / how hard should it be to find and install these drivers?
To install it will be a matter of dropping a file to the right place (I can build an easy to use package for that if needed ; maybe Craigix will install these drivers for you, for testing and such). Then you'll be able to use the build-in UI ;)

But if he dont install this drivers, the real question become what is this file ; aka what drivers will you need. (not all the drivers for wifi chips are available for now)

great, thanks for the info guys.

or girls (yay for political correctness):)

Even if it comes with no drivers whatsoever, you still can buy one of dongles proven to work with Pandora for less than 30 bucks, but I think it's taken care of.

The only thing you have to worry about is updates. In the best case you'll have your dongles working for free after every update, in the worst you'll have to copy the driver somewhere and install it after each reflash.
Yeah, that's what I thought too... Only my beer drowned brain wanted confirmation from someone more sober than me, so thanks :) Sent an email too as I'm ok with the extra hassle

Edit: sebt3, saw your answer after the post. Thanks too of course ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm can i just buy the micro wifi dongle? we use a apple wireless router so i cant change the chan and its on chan 1 X(

slow speeds away!

we use a apple wireless router so i cant change the chan and its on chan 1 X(

slow speeds away!

Are you sure? What version. On mine, I can do this:

Airport Utility -> Manual Setup -> AirPort -> Wireless -> Radio Channel Selection -> Change to Manual then hit the Edit button that appears.

Hate to seem cheap and all, but i premium'd and i was wondering if i could get one of these units with a refund on the price difference? If not i'll just wait for my working one :)

Also are there any pictures of the unit with the wifi dongle in?

As good a time as any to join the boards. Email to swap my pre order for one with the external wifi, not heard anything back yet. My thumbs are getting twitchy.

The drivers will be included in HF6.
smile.png

Quick questions:

What chip/make is the wifi dongle? I have a few micro-dongles - I'm wondering if one of them will work...

Will it do 802.11n?

Will the dongle have better throughput or range than the onboard wifi?

When is HF6 coming out?

Will OpenPandora be selling the dongles by themselves?

Thanks!

The drivers will be included in HF6.
smile.png

Quick questions:

What chip/make is the wifi dongle? I have a few micro-dongles - I'm wondering if one of them will work...

RTL8188SU

Will it do 802.11n?

Yes.

Will the dongle have better throughput or range than the onboard wifi?

Yes.

When is HF6 coming out?

Hopefully end of next week.

Will OpenPandora be selling the dongles by themselves?

I will try to do so, yes.

Are these going to be delivered with HF6 though? It's going to be more annoying for people to install a hotfix on a Pandora w/o wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back