Release Pandora apps auto post?

I'm pretty sure you can probably add twitter feeds to rss feeds? Has twitter replaced rss in a way? I'm not up to date really but the pandoraapps twitter feed has a lot of followers.

I'm pretty sure you can probably add twitter feeds to rss feeds? Has twitter replaced rss in a way? I'm not up to date really but the pandoraapps twitter feed has a lot of followers.
I think it's replaced the quick update aspect of RSS feeds but RSS are still the best for news updates etc. due to being able to contain full articles with pictures.

Both have their uses :)

I would definitely love to see automated forum posts, one thread per app, that get new posts when the app is updated. One could set up RSS feeds for apps they use, or these could be used to generate an "autoupdater" sort of setup if desired: Make a list of .PND's currently on the system, compare to RSS feed of those threads, provide download link+changes/description if there's new posts.

Absolutely no for discussion in the thread, though. That quickly bogs down otherwise useful "utility" threads like this. Could well have a forum elsewhere for discussion of apps, but update threads should be read only. Prevent thread bumping when there's no update as well.

It would be nice if you could specify a thread for it to add posts to (if you've already created your own discussion/development thread), or have it make a new thread for them if you don't specify one.

Other possible new topics include "does a bear shit in the woods?" and " Is the pope a catholic?". On topic and in the interests of balance may I say that this is a terrible idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back