Pandora Apps Site

Can we please make the official appstore work/display properly with the preinstalled browser?
Can "we"? Yes, it is possible. Only Craig can do that though.

Will he? So far he has rejected the idea. He's been talking about a version 2 for a while now, so we'll see how that goes.

Nope, it's a rendering bug in Midori, it's not Craig's fault.

It should be fixed once we move to the new OS.

Just to confirm what ED says above, here's a screenshot of the app-store, taken from the current version of Midori (running on my Xubuntu workhorse);

Midori_on_Xubuntu.png

It works fine, there. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

You can work around rendering bugs, but in this case I agree that upgrading to the new midori is the better option.

Technically true, but every rendering bug has it's work around, as Caine says. Someone brought it up back on GP32X when Craig was beta testing and detailed how to fix it until a better browser was added. While I agree upgrading the browser is the ultimately better solution, implementing the workaround would have been a fast patch at the time until the more suitable update could come along. As it is, we've been a year waiting for an upgraded Midori to hit the firmware, n'est pas?

The real problem isn't midori. They could probably add the latest midori in 15 minutes. The problem is, as I've always said, webkit. We need a new webkit, and with our version of OE, it is apparently hard to get it built. There has and, afaik, is effort to upgrade webkit. But for now, we have to settle for the libs provided by the community. We can't just stick my pre-built webkit into the firmware, as, in the spirit of open source, anyone should be able to download thee entire tree, compile it from sources get a fully working firmware.

OK cool, seems I created more of a wave than intended, thanks for the info.

BTW jumanji is by far my favourite browser on the Pandora, check it out if you haven't already.

Back