Pandora As A Piracy Device

Jourdy288

http://twitter.com/Craigix/status/24560611962650624
This just in.... Pandora consoles banned from Ebay for being a 'piracy device'.

What?! WHAT!? Discuss. Now.
Yell at eBay. Please do. We shan't rest until this is resolved!
*BATTLE MUSIC*

Sounds like typical Craig b*shit.

Did anybody see the listing before it was pulled? If it made any mention of ROMS, or playing 'thousands of games from bygone eras' then Craig only has himself to blame.

Ebay is a complete robot operated business, and the only way anything is banned or pulled is if something in the listing sets of their system. I can't imagine there is any REAL ban in place, but who the hell knows. I have had many items pulled over the years, and once I changed the wording, I never had another problem.

I agree with Pleng. I'm sure Craig may have just put something in his listing that set off there security system. Maybe someone has reported the Pandora as a piracy device, but like I said, their system sucks ass, and you can't talk to a real person about anything relevent if your life depended on it. I wouldn't sound the alarms just yet.

Chris

Edit: Yeah,"Piracy Device" seems like Ebays robot reply system. If games or roms, or something else was listed, there robot just ends the listing, and sends a pre set message. I could list a piece of fruit on ebay, and it could be remove and that same message sent if I put certain key words in. I would reccommend Craig, just relist and leave his description as vague as possible and see what happens.

jumpman said:
Ebay is a complete robot operated business, and the only way anything is banned or pulled is if something in the listing sets of their system. I can't imagine there is any REAL ban in place, but who the hell knows. I have had many items pulled over the years, and once I changed the wording, I never had another problem.

I agree with Pleng. I'm sure Craig may have just put something in his listing that set off there security system. Maybe someone has reported the Pandora as a piracy device, but like I said, their system sucks ass, and you can't talk to a real person about anything relevent if your life depended on it. I wouldn't sound the alarms just yet.

Chris

Edit: Yeah,"Piracy Device" seems like Ebays robot reply system. If games or roms, or something else was listed, there robot just ends the listing, and sends a pre set message. I could list a piece of fruit on ebay, and it could be remove and that same message sent if I put certain key words in. I would reccommend Craig, just relist and leave his description as vague as possible and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:

Chris

I'd have to second this. (And I have to be honest, it's not like it's a hidden feature of eBay's operations. :p I seem to remember hearing people grousing about it when trying to sell GP32s or GP2Xs, and similar, years ago.)

[anecdote]
I encountered this system once, albeit as a buyer and not a seller. I was bidding on a pin (yes, it was a Mega Man one, however did you all guess that? :p), and the seller made a note that it was not a fake (but that "some of the fakes out there are cool, though", which was probably what set it off), since a lot of fake pins had been doing the rounds at the time, and the listing got nerfed within a day. They simply re-listed it without the statement that the pin wasn't a fake.
[/anecdote]

Jourdy288 said:
^That was hilarious.
I concur.
I hope this whole "piracy device" thing gets sorted out, it's no different than a laptop.

Basically anything with a CPU and writable memory is a "piracy device" including ipods that have pirated MP3s, computers, cellphones, even the DS and PSP as they can be hacked to be a "piracy device". I don't get it.

Looks like he got them listed in the end

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANDORA-CONSOLE-OPEN-SOURCE-HANDHELD-GAMING-SYSTEM-/260720116091?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cb421417b#ht_2048wt_786

Back