Pandora as Portable Music Player?

And, it supports Winamp 2 skins! Welcome to 1998!
But does have a GTK interface that look like deadbeef :

audacious2.4-gtkui.png

and it pack tones of format, effects and so on.

BTW, I've updated the PND to the lastest release : 2.4.3

And, it supports Winamp 2 skins! Welcome to 1998!

I use Audacious on my Linux workstations*,

* and I use antlers in all of my de-co-rating

Speaking of 1998, once I get my Pandora, it'll probably decommission all of my Minidisc players I've been using since I was 15.

It'll be nice being able to use my bluetooth headphones with my pandora, I've been holding off on buying a media player to replace my Minidisc players because of the Pandora, I was really close to buying something from Cowon, but since I remembered that I have a pandora on the way, it's been really hard not to buy something.

Another option, depending on your lockdown at work -- bring a usb thumbdrive in, loaded up with mp3s, and just play them on your data-entry machine?

jeff

Nah. The pandora looks worth it. And I don't want to deal with windows media player, or the agonizing slowness of these old machines. Multiple browser tabs is enough to slow them down. <_<

Thanks for all the info, everyone. I'll be ordering mine soon, and then waiting somewhat patiently.

Hm, is it possible to use it as an mp3-player while closed? or does it suspend automagically?

Maybe with the shoulder-buttons mapped to next/previous track?

Hm, is it possible to use it as an mp3-player while closed? or does it suspend automagically?

Maybe with the shoulder-buttons mapped to next/previous track?

No it doesnt suspend automatic, so it works normally with the lid closed. I guess you could easily map the L and R button to previous and next track they are already linked to shift and ctrl I think (the buttons) so linking previous next to shift and ctrl should work.

No it doesnt suspend automatic, so it works normally with the lid closed. I guess you could easily map the L and R button to previous and next track they are already linked to shift and ctrl I think (the buttons) so linking previous next to shift and ctrl should work.

Awesome!!!

Back