Software Pandora Audio Switch

Probably. Anyway I improved my GUI this way, that it does the first steps for the user automaticly like adding the needed options in the /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf and replacing ~ by /home/${USER} in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf.
Furthermore it removes the asound.conf. For all these three files are backup is created beforehand ;)
So, @canseco: Maybe this version works better out of the box for you. :)

It works now, and no problems changing back to internal speakers a.k.a hw.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work, ;)

It works now, and no problems changing back to internal speakers a.k.a hw.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work, ;)

happy to see it working for you, mate :)

Awesome, that is works for you now!
But I made a mistake, which may break your config files, so this is important for everyone, who updated the plugin between yesterday and today: Please update and follow the following steps to check your configuration for mistakes:

So, what went wrong? While checking the enabled feature in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf I added some uninitialized memory (==random letters) to the file if all features pas.sh needs, are already activated. So please have a look with sudo rights in the file /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf (e.g. with gksudo mousepad /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf) and check, whether your file looks like this:
Code:
[General]
Enable=\PTi")DSource,Sink,Headset,Socket,Control
It can be anything before the valid features start, as the memory was randomly initialized. For me it weren't even valid letters. So just remove everything, which looks like gibberish, that your file looks like this in the end:
Code:
[General]
Enable=Source,Sink,Headset,Socket,Control
The gibberish should only occur between Enable= and the first feature.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

Regards,
Ziz

@Ziz:
youve put an awful amount of work in your own hands with this, buddy
we could call it a "verschlimmbesserung". lol

Well, There is a reason, why there is a German word for it. :D

i just revised and updated pas to version 0.5.

i figured hw's software volume control didn't work. i didn't notice before because i never used the software to adjust the volume.
but there may be ppl with broken hardware control (volume wheel) who need functioning software control. well that's fixed now :)

I am trying to get my bluetooth headset to work with pas.sh but I can't find anywhere an option in the bluetooth devices manager of the openpandora to choose a2dp.
[doublepost=1568794157,1568793740][/doublepost]Seems like my OpenPandora has the gnome bluetooth manager installed and you are using in the pictures the bluman-manager. How did you install that?
[doublepost=1568795366][/doublepost]To add a bit more info I am trying to connect my AKG Y50BT headset to the OpenPandora and it seems to pair and connect via the bluetooth applet. I have setup pas.sh described in the above posts and also installed the gui switcher to make it easier to switch betweeen audio outputs. But when I switch to my headset output I either get no sound or sound still goes out from the pandora speakers or the application won't even launch like Giaana's Return etc.

"As long as there is a corresponding .asoundrc_OUTPUT file it will work"

hi all
my question how do we make a corresponding asoundrc_OUTPUT file?

when i run the command
./pas.sh -o .asoundrc_bt_spk (this is the template with the MAC address of my speaker added)
i get the error message -
Unsupported output mode parsed. Exiting. For every -o outputname you need a .asoundrc-outputname file!

thanks for any help!

EDIT
have discovered sound output plugin which had gotten my system working with bluetooth nice! https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/sound-output-plugin-for-pandora-configbutton.79781/

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
"As long as there is a corresponding .asoundrc_OUTPUT file it will work"

hi all
my question how do we make a corresponding asoundrc_OUTPUT file?

Hi,
here's your fix:
Save this file as .asoundrc_bt_headset for example.
"bt_headset" will be this template's name. That's important, because we will use that name later in pas.sh.
So your pas command should be:
Code:
pas.sh -o bt_spk

Back