Pandora-Building Afternoon

Finished the first 10 boards, off now to a client to fix network back here later :)

i hope i get my pandora this week. ill never put it down once i get it :D

good luck with the fixing the pandoras MR EvilDragon

Last edited by a moderator:
You got to get one of those drinking birds, That would really spruce up the place :)

So my question is what are you going to be listening too when you replace all those nubs?

What kind of Soldering station do you have over there? It looks like the same one that my colleague has at work, they gave me a Weller. How hot are you running that puppy. Ok sorry I won't distract you. :)

Keep up the good work!

What kind of Soldering station do you have over there? It looks like the same one that my colleague has at work, they gave me a Weller. How hot are you running that puppy. Ok sorry I won't distract you. :)

Keep up the good work!

It's an ERSA Digital 2000A. I use 440 degrees for desoldering (it will kill the nubs, but they are already broken) and 330 to solder them.

Just trying to touch the solder joints as short as possible so that no damage happens. Haven't damaged a single of the 30 boards I replaced so far though :)

yep that is the same one she has too. I like it better then mine easier to change the tips. 30 for 30 good work ED! 440, you must be a pro, i would be afraid of lifting the pad right off the print. :lol:

Rock on! hope there is a nice cool beer waiting in the fridge for you when you are done!

yep that is the same one she has too. I like it better then mine easier to change the tips.

30 for 30 good work ED! 440, you must be a pro, i would be afraid of lifting the pad right off the print. :lol:

Rock on! hope there is a nice cool beer waiting in the fridge for you when you are done!

It's a pretty cool soldering station, yes.

True, you need to be very careful with 440, but I haven't had any issues yet and it is way faster ;)

Just soldering back with lower degrees, as that would damage the nubs.

Okay, finished for now.

Replaced the nubs on 20 PCBs as well as fixed minor issues for 10 units.

I'll test them tonight at home (so no webcam, sorry) and will probably continue soldering tomorrow afternoon (German time ;) )

Hey ED, I picked up my unit in person from you when you were in Newcastle, My nubs are faulty and my unit is out of warranty. I didn't have the heart to send it back with all those RMA's you guys had.

Please can I buy 2 nubs from you?

I can fit them myself. I have a very good solder station,

Kind regards.

ED sorry to be a pain but please can you answer my question above.. I am willing to buy and pay for shipping if you would be so kind

Back