Pandora business/advert cards, Mk.2

CyberLeo

(Part 1 here)

So, after receiving a shiny new silver Pandora, I finally got around to making, cleaning up, and arranging some images that seem to be useful for a folded business card design. The quality is not stellar, but at 300dpi on a 3x2 inch piece of card, it'll probably be adequate to get the point across.

Now all I need are ideas on the most appropriate information to place in the card, that would most usefully introduce strangers to the device. The Pandora logo, a QR code, some descriptive text; any ideas?

Unfortunately, now that I have these layouts, I can't seem to locate the promotional artwork and logos that I know were available for the Pandora. I cannot remember if they were on the forum somewhere (searching is unfruitful) or if they were linked on the old website design. Any ideas?

Feedback on the design or approach is always welcome.

Folded_business_card.png

Folded_business_card_inside.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I wouldn't put too much text on it (only the screen area). The URL (openpandora.org) is the only essential thing to mention really.

ED uses businesscards like this for a long time already afaik.

ED uses businesscards like this for a long time already afaik.

Yep, made them for the last GamesCom :D
That's where I got the idea for the design. However, ED is in Germany and I am not; so, in the interests of having something tangible, I figured I'd make a design myself and have some cards printed.

Does anybody know where the press materials, especially a nice clean copy of the Pandora logo, might be found? Not even archive.org is of assistance.

Edit: If no press kit is available, I just figured out that the pandora logo at the top of this very forum is a transparent PNG that will suffice for my purposes.

There was a section with this stuff on the old website. No clue where this went though. Did you have a look into the wiki?

These would be good made into train ticket wallets in the UK. They hand them out at Liverpool Street from time to time with various adverts on!

There was a section with this stuff on the old website. No clue where this went though. Did you have a look into the wiki?
Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you mean pandorawiki.org? I found several (including one in German) so I'm not sure the wiki to which you might be referring.

Regardless, my searches within the aforelinked wiki were fruitless as well.

I think the train ticket wallet / oyster wallet advertising is a nice idea

This is what I ended up tossing together for the screen portion. I'm pretty bad at designing things for humans, but hopefully it gets the point across without being too distracting or cluttered.

I'll know what it looks like on a business card soon, at least.

Folded_business_card_inside_text.png

Heres one way of advertising the pandora:

Full root access out of the box - Full qwerty keyboard - Full battery lasts 15 hours of real work!

Hrm...  tested the QR code and suddenly realised that the main openpandora.org website really isn't suitable for mobile phone viewing.   Perhaps a mobile version of the site should be made?

- Neelix

Back