Pandora Carrying Case

ubermensch

Still Fresh
When I ordered my Pandora on the first day of preorders, I ordered with it a carrying case. I finally got my Pandora a few days ago, and while the Pandora itself is awesome, the terribly stitched together mess that came with it is awful. The stitching is crooked and the whole thing feels cheap, and I really have to work to even get the Pandora to fit in it. It can literally take me 30 seconds or more to stuff the damned thing in and have it all zipped up. I was really expecting something more like the GP2X case, which is rigid, looks good, and, perhaps most importantly, is correctly sized for the console which it was meant to hold.

Did I just get a bad unit, or are others having the same experience?

Long ago it was mentioned that the cases required you to turn them inside out multiple times to soften them, as they will stretch 10% or so and then the Panda will fit them quite nicely. Cant back that up as I didn't bother with one given the form factor, which protects the screen anyway! Didnt see the point personally.

Yeah, the carry cases have been discussed at length in another thread. Sadly, I have not seen the team really address this issue.

Yes, we can all get are Pandora to fit, but it is just way to tight. These cases should be returned, and new ones produced free of charge by the manufacture. The quality overall, is pretty good on mine, but the stiching came loose from me having to shove the Pandora in. I am happy to support the team and this project with my money, but the carry case should really be fixed or addressed along side the other production problems(as it is a problem for the majority who bought one).

I'm sure the TV cable and these cases are low on the list of things to do, but it would be nice to hear that something is being done.

Chris

Mine is stretched enough for me to fit a coiled up usb cable in with my pandora. I find that's all I need, you can find usb ports everywhere now a days :) I also added 2 clips to either end for clipping to the belt loops on my pants. The case fits much better long ways than short when clipped to your pants, plus it zips open from the top rather than the side so its like a pandora pocket of sorts. I know I look like a dork but I don't care, the case is very convenient this way and I'm happy with my purchase.

ubermensch said:
When I ordered my Pandora on the first day of preorders, I ordered with it a carrying case. I finally got my Pandora a few days ago, and while the Pandora itself is awesome, the terribly stitched together mess that came with it is awful. The stitching is crooked and the whole thing feels cheap, and I really have to work to even get the Pandora to fit in it. It can literally take me 30 seconds or more to stuff the damned thing in and have it all zipped up. I was really expecting something more like the GP2X case, which is rigid, looks good, and, perhaps most importantly, is correctly sized for the console which it was meant to hold.

Did I just get a bad unit, or are others having the same experience?
I ordered a case, but didn't receive one with my unit. It would have been nice to see with my own eyes but I most likely wouldn't have used it anyway. I'm more concerned with the lack of tv-out cables.

Last edited by a moderator:
The case on early first batch units felt like it was going to rip the shoulder buttons off if any force was applied while trying to remove the Pandora and the button was caught on the case. Now that my buttons are more solid, the case still seems too small and it is a lot of work to get the Pandora to fit just right with now crimped padding etc. Not a Fan, DisLike button.

Decided to go with a Pelican 1040 with some padding.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I dig the official case, so I use it. But not for the Pandora. It's full of USB things - cable, hub, card reader, 3G modem, ethernet adapter, mouse. It's amazing what fits in there actually. The Pandora itself lives in a DS XL case, made by 3rd Earth. The material is like the GP2X case. It looks fantastic in there too, I'll get a pic when I can.

This is the DSi XL case you all want for your Pandoras! Don't deny it! :p

Seriously, though, it's good to know that those are a good fit. :D

@ Gruso: please do post a pic!

I'd like to see good alternatives for the official case with all these horror-stories going around.
Can you post the official case in use as well? :)

Bit of an old bump here, but I always intended to post these pics and didn't get around to it. So here they are. (click for big)

uMkx5s.jpg 0RV4Ws.jpg

In the pic:

- '3rd Earth' DSi XL case, with some foam strips added at each side.
- Official Pandora carry case containing:
-- Flat mouse from (the now defunct :( ) panda-usb.com. You can get similar ones here.
-- Huawei E220 USB modem, still haven't got it working with the Pandora >.<
-- Card reader
-- Hub
-- Whatever else you can see

All up, it's an excellent travel kit. :)

My Pandora case was not bad. I turned it inside out twice before putting my Pandora in and then it fit perfectly. It also never had any stitching problems that I noticed.

That DSi XL case looks really nice tho', Gruso. Nice find.

-God Ginrai

I have had this beauty for a while it was 99p from a game shop 2nd hand.
s6Ks8l.jpg

Holds all my bits, USB cable, iPad sd card reader, bluetooth mouse, spare cards and power supply.
FY7dVl.jpg

An of course my panda
eG1B8l.jpg

Back