Carrying case?

Blue Protoman

I do know that an official carrying case for the Pandora exists, but I also heard it's not that great. I HAVE heard, however, that the DSi XL's is pretty well-suited for the Pandora (ironically). When I get my Pandora in the coming months, I'm looking for something that can keep it in once piece when not in use. I don't plan on having any sort of fancy shell or decoration for mine.

I do know that an official carrying case for the Pandora exists, but I also heard it's not that great. I HAVE heard, however, that the DSi XL's is pretty well-suited for the Pandora (ironically). When I get my Pandora in the coming months, I'm looking for something that can keep it in once piece when not in use. I don't plan on having any sort of fancy shell or decoration for mine.
What is the question exactly? If we know any good DSi XL carry cases? Haven't looked at it yet.

The official carrying case seems to be a bit of a tight fit. It needs to be turned inside out several times to increase its flexibility and then it is still a rather poor fit (or so I've heard).

According to wikipedia the pandora is 140×83×27 while the DSi XL is 161×91.4×21.2, so while smaller the Pandora is a bit thicker. Make sure that your DSi case has some extra room for this.

Hm, I wasn't specific enough. Let me clarify, then;

What would make a good carrying case for the Pandora?

I do think most DSi XL carry cases will work actually. The carry cases I've seen tend to have some spare room for games, headset and the like, so the 6mm difference in thickness is probably not a big deal (I can easily carry some USB sticks in my DS lite carry case). You might have to add a bit of padding like a piece of cloth for a better fit.

If you can find one, a DS phat carry case might actually fit even better as its dimensions were 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.9.

I'm pretty certain that Prometheus uses a DS case of some sort for hers. Somebody turn on the megaman silhouette spotlight, she will come.

I own a Case whit Super Mario on it, but i need it for the 3DS because there is enought space for a lot ds an 3ds games...

But i dit buy the offizial Openpandora Pandora Carring Case for the Openpandora Pandora Homebrewhandheld (whats the Correkt Name of the Handheld??)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1040

Get a solid case with foam liner. These folks process orders quick and are the cheapest place I've found smaller Pelican cases with accessories. I also recommend the Pelican 910 SD card case as well, holds 4 or 8 SD cards and can double as a wallet for ID/Credit Card. I don't recommend the clear lidded case for the Pandora unless you put foam in the lid which will look ugly (but you can put stickers ((without using the adhesive)) between the foam and the clear plastic to make a sweet custom case)

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1040

1040_large_3299.jpg

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-0910

0910_large.jpg

Lastly if you are looking for something bigger than you can put some extra battery, headphones, etc into, I recommend:

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1120

1120_large_3320.jpg

OR if you want bigger

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-Storm-iM2050

iM2050_large_3788.jpg

I currently use the 1040 and the Pelican Storm iM2050 for my Pandora as well as the 910 for my SD cards.

@Matzesu:

The Pandora. Simply that. OpenPandora is the company. (Or team, depending on your view.)

@Link: I only plan on putting my Pandora and charger in the case; the two (and only two) SD cards I plan on using will remain in the unit.

@Matzesu:

The Pandora. Simply that. OpenPandora is the company. (Or team, depending on your view.)

@Link: I only plan on putting my Pandora and charger in the case; the two (and only two) SD cards I plan on using will remain in the unit.
If you want to include a charger, then I would look at the Pelican 1120, the 1040 will only hold the Pandora alone.

ds phat seems to be the best alternative, not ds lite/xl/i from what i hear

ds phat seems to be the best alternative, not ds lite/xl/i from what i hear

I have an old school DS (phat) case that they sold in gamestop.. according to the measurements of the pandora this case should work fine.

I'm pretty certain that Prometheus uses a DS case of some sort for hers. Somebody turn on the megaman silhouette spotlight, she will come.
Whilst it will fit nicely into the old Hori carry-bags (the ones with a bunch of pockets inside for games and accessories) and the like, I actually tend to use a simple drawstring bag. A Mega Man one, of course. :p

You're all telling me this knowing that I wanna keep my charger in the very same case, right?

^ The old Hori Multi Pouch DS cases are probably the way for you to go, then.

You can see an old one here (they did them in a variety of colours, though), and I would imagine that you can still find them somewhere out there. You can't really see it in the pictures, but the console pocket is at the front, and there there's a zipper running through the middle, which lets the case open book-style to reveal a relatively large amount of pockets for accessories and things.

not if you plan on beating people up with it, yes if the sock is sticky from the inside

warning: pandora not to be used as a weapon or sex object

not if you plan on beating people up with it, yes if the sock is sticky from the inside

warning: pandora not to be used as a weapon or sex object
I wouldn't want to damage it with either. The sock is for at least some minimal protection. I'm thinking an ankle sock, as anything else would be to large for a pocket.

This was posted on the other forum in July, hope it helps :

The official carry case did not appear to meet my needs so I ordered a hard case and a soft case from 3rd party suppliers, here are my thoughts on the cases I ended up with.

Hard Case

NDS Aluminium case via Amazon : £7.61 delivered (to UK)

Like :

Really Sturdy, will protect your precious Pandora from more or less anything.

Easy to convert so the Pandora fits nicely, simply make a couple of cuts with a sharp knife in the included foam insert. See picture below.

Room in the top section, in netting pockets, behind flap, for SD Cards / slim USB Flash drive.

Great price for a high quality hard case.

Dislike :

NDS Logo on case and strap.

Case is a little bigger than necessary (Approx 0.5cm width & length).

Note :

Don't buy a case for the DS Lite as the Pandora will not fit, you need to make sure the case fits the old DS Phat.

Hard Case Picture

hardcase.jpg

Soft Case

EDIT : Looks like this is no longer available on 7 day shop, but it should give you an idea of how a camcorder case could be used with the Pandora.

Black Leather Look Camera / Camcorder Shoulder Bag via 7 Day Shop : £6.49 delivered (to UK)

Like :

High Quality product, amazing value for money.

Pandora fits in front pocket. Or if you need more protection the Hard case (as described above) fits nicely in the main pocket with room for charger, USB hub, mini bluetooth mouse etc.

Dislike :

Nothing really.

Soft Case Picture

softcase.jpg

I currently use the 1040 and the Pelican Storm iM2050 for my Pandora as well as the 910 for my SD cards.

Not to detract from the newer posts made in this thread... but you use a pelican case for your pandora? :blink:

I'm not sure if that is a terrible overkill, or completely awesome.

I've used a few pelican cases at work. Could practically survive reentry into the atmosphere. Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk. :p

Back