The Pandora Carrying Case

God Ginrai said:
Barnaby said:
Gaeryc said:
I personally think that I do look stupid with it strapped to my trousers, better just to use it as a protection for pandora when tossing it in a bag or something.

http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz101/Gaeryc/pandora%20carrying%20case/

Thanks for the photos! It does look a bit stupid, doesn't it? Agh I guess I'll just have to buy some baggy trousers with bigger pockets - carrying it in a bag everywhere is too awkward, especially as I want to use it as an MP3 Player too. I used to carry my GP2X in my pocket, and I carry my DS in my pocket sometimes (the original DS), so hopefully it won't look too horrible in there. :lol:

I carried the GP2X in the official case in my pocket. ;) You don't need baggy pants for that, just don't get girl pants. ;P

-God Ginrai

Hah! I'm too large for girl pants, I wear baggy stuff :p. It just seems nowadays they're making pockets rather thin or shallow.

Maybe it's because I buy cheap clothes <_>

But yeah it should fit, which makes me happy. I bought a right-angle adaptor for my headphones though, as with my GP2X, forcing a straight jack into it inside a cramped pocket caused the headphone port on the GP2X and the actual headphone jack to snap. *facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
I carried the GP2X in the official case in my pocket. ;) You don't need baggy pants for that, just don't get girl pants. ;P
I did, too... But that stupid joystick would always stick on my pocket. Yay for clamshell. I also had no problem putting an original DS in my pocket with or without a case.

2.5 hours and I should be very near picking up my Pandora. Tick tock tick tock.

I decided against the official carry case when I heard that it would store nothing more than the pandora itself. I wanted to have at least the tv-out cable and probably a usb cable or something in there with it. So, I ended up getting this case for the DS XL. I would have preferred something with the Pandora branding on it, but the one that I got works really well for the pandora.

The unit is velcroed in by a flap on top. On the top side of that flap there are slots for 8 sd cards (not that i will likely use more than one or two of those). On the upper inside of the case there is a mesh pouch for cables, and a couple of slots for spare styluses. The case also has a hard layer in between the cloth to protect the unit. There is enough room in the upper compartment for a spare battery in addition to one cable (though it's a tight fit). This case will offer a fair amount of protection for your unit from dropping it or something.

All in all, I'm glad that I got this case over the official one, because of its added function. I would have preferred something from OP, but such is life.

socket said:
God Ginrai said:
I did, too... But that stupid joystick would always stick on my pocket.

You didn't read the bolded part of my post. My GP2X was in the official carrying case and the carrying case was in my pocket. There would be no way for the joystick to get stuck, because the whole system was surrounded by the case.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
socket said:
God Ginrai said:
I did, too... But that stupid joystick would always stick on my pocket.

You didn't read the bolded part of my post. My GP2X was in the official carrying case and the carrying case was in my pocket. There would be no way for the joystick to get stuck, because the whole system was surrounded by the case.

-God Ginrai

I was just commenting... Maybe we wear pants with big pockets, but I had no problem with the GP2X in a case in my pocket either.

Gaeryc said:
I personally think that I do look stupid with it strapped to my trousers, better just to use it as a protection for pandora when tossing it in a bag or something.

http://s818.photobuc...arrying%20case/

ROFL!

I was instantly reminded of this:
chucknorrisfannypack.png

btw,
I updated my original post to reflect everyone's opinions the best I could. let me know if I should add or change something.

Thanks everyone for your input, as I said earlier I decided to add a case to my order since it seemed well worth it for me, I'll give my opinion on it when I get it. I plan on trying to use the plastic ring with a clip to my trousers, we'll see how stupid that looks. :p

it would look better if you could wear it horizontally,
,i always wear a kangaroo bag (or waist bag) (just like the above.)
and it doesnt look too showy even if wearing formal clothing.

Back