Pandora Carry Case Reviews

Loon

The official carry case did not appear to meet my needs so I ordered a hard case and a soft case from 3rd party suppliers, here are my thoughts on the cases I ended up with.

Hard Case

NDS Aluminium case via Amazon : £7.61 delivered (to UK)

Like :

Really Sturdy, will protect your precious Pandora from more or less anything.
Easy to convert so the Pandora fits nicely, simply make a couple of cuts with a sharp knife in the included foam insert. See picture below.
Room in the top section, in netting pockets, behind flap, for SD Cards / slim USB Flash drive.
Great price for a high quality hard case.

Dislike :

NDS Logo on case and strap.
Case is a little bigger than necessary (Approx 0.5cm width & length).

Note :

Don't buy a case for the DS Lite as the Pandora will not fit, you need to make sure the case fits the old DS Phat.

Hard Case Picture

hardcase.jpg

Soft Case

Black Leather Look Camera / Camcorder Shoulder Bag via 7 Day Shop : £6.49 delivered (to UK)

Like :

High Quality product, amazing value for money.
Pandora fits in front pocket. Or if you need more protection the Hard case (as described above) fits nicely in the main pocket with room for charger, USB hub, mini bluetooth mouse etc.

Dislike :

Nothing really.

Soft Case Picture

softcase.jpg

i keep my one nubber in my old "tales of astonishia" (SP?) case that game with my gp32 and it fits a treat either in the gp32 plastic sleeve or just generally in the case.

I found this one: http://www.pielframa.net/oqo2_e.asp

I asked the factory about the posibility to make a personalized leather case for pandora. the response was:

"The oqo case will not fit exactly for your device (I sent pandora dimensions) and maybe there will problems to adjust to your device. It is possible to design a specific case for your device. the cost for 100 units will be arround 40eur (per unit), plus 250 eur of the cutting mould"

centro_oqo2.gif

size in mm:

140 x 83 x 27 pandora
149 x 85 x 29 NDS
161 x 91 x 21 NDS XL
137 x 75 x 19 NDS lite

old NDS cases should do the job, there are tons of NDS cases on ebay:

!BYBH!Yw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmU)7+BKf(Cq39)g~~_35.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HARD-GAME-CARRY-POUCH-BAG-CASE-NINTENDO-DS-NDS-/150448961659?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item230774f87b

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Silver-Airform-Pocket-Case-Nintendo-DS-NDS-/150462144798?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item23083e211e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tasche-Case-Hardcase-Nintendo-DS-NDS-Schwarz-/330421818147?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PC_Viedeospielzubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item4ceeacd323

Ian_J said:
Could you post what you dislike about the official case?

Was looking for something that would offer a more protection and/or had room for the charger / accessories. Best solution I came up with was the 2 cases above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Loon said:
Dislike :

NDS Logo on case and strap.
Blacked out the logo on mine with a permanent Black marker pen, it's barely noticeable until you get really close.

I have one of these I no longer use: Case Logic

If that doesn't work I'll look into getting an official case.

I saw this ages ago, never tried it but who knows, may work: Remove Logo

Mr Loon said:
The official carry case did not appear to meet my needs so I ordered a hard case and a soft case from 3rd party suppliers, here are my thoughts on the cases I ended up with.

Thank you for the review and the links. I think that the OP Ltd case is very expensive and probably won't fit my needs. I was looking at the same hard case as you and something similar for a larger bag. I'll probably buy both now. Thanks.

Edit: Bought both of them upon your recommendation. The leather look bag looks really worth it. I'm going to try and cut the foam out so it's more central.

Nation.A.List said:
Blacked out the logo on mine with a permanent Black marker pen, it's barely noticeable until you get really close.

Good call I'll give that a try.

Dead1nside said:
Edit: Bought both of them upon your recommendation. The leather look bag looks really worth it. I'm going to try and cut the foam out so it's more central.

Not sure that the bag is real leather, but it is hard to tell and a lot better quality than you would expect for that price.

As for cutting the foam, if you've got a very sharp knife and a very steady hand it should be possible, might be best to cut the foam into 4 side sections first. I glued my foam section to the case with UHU and it seems to have stuck on just fine.

i bought a superb practicaly unbranded case made for a nintendo ds fat out the £1 shop for £1 ,very high quality soft case with two compartments ,black with white trim and ideal for the pandora with slots for sd cards and usb memory sticks as well.

My advice to anyone ,if you have a £1 store or you know that cheapo store that sells mobile phone stuff ,usualy sells old nintendo ds stuff as well ,look in there for a nice bargin :)

Saw a Swiss Army GPS case at Target the other day. Drove by the store today thinking I should take the Pandora in to see if it would fit. Then I realized that security might think I'm trying to shoplift my own Pandora. That would be interesting explaining that if they want one, they'll have to wait 2 Months....

If it fits, I'll pick one up and post a pic.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Mjlink said:
Swiss Army GPS case

it's a fake, swiss army will probably get some GPS in 20 years, it's so advanced... and anyway if the case don't weight 20pounds it's a fake too...

Back