Pandora Carry Case Photos Request

lorenzoferrara

Still Fresh
Hello, I've read that there is also a carry case for the Pandora, where can I find some pictures of it?

I would like to add it to my order before it's shipped but I would like to see it or have some info about it (will it have space for an extra battery, 2 sd cards, usb cable, headphones?).

i want photos of the bubble wrap used to pack the pandora in its plain cardboard box :eek: must see

anothe thread mentioned how itll be ready when the pandora ships. so no doubt it'll be either something standard or something easy/already ready to produce

I want a photo of the left ring finger of the technician of the plastic factory that has to set-up the case production.

(btw I read in the newspaper today that the chinese new year is finished the 28th of feb so where did the 22nd of feb come from for this factory, They must be doing chinese new year light)

Bosbeetle said:
I want a photo of the left ring finger of the technician of the plastic factory that has to set-up the case production.

(btw I read in the newspaper today that the chinese new year is finished the 28th of feb so where did the 22nd of feb come from for this factory, They must be doing chinese new year light)

From wikipedia:
Mainland China: New Year's Eve and the first two days. (Usually 7 days, including weekends.)

so the monday after the 7 days is the 22nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:

Dang Bos, really? I was so looking forward to some news next week. SO we've got another week of silence (as far as MP is concerned)?

[edit] Oh TrashyMG, how you bear good news! I hope this is true.

here it is:
PA.48784.001.jpg

okay hold on... that was my guess! it's nothing official. Those with the "GP32 Certified guru" logo usually is the ones who you should listen too

lorenzoferrara said:
r00tw00t said:
here it is:
PA.48784.001.jpg

Thank you!
It's really too bad when people don't get sarcasm... That's obviously not the actual case, it says PlayAsia on the picture, PlayAsia's not going to stock a case that the devs haven't even told us about yet.
But yeah it's probably going to look something like that. It better have a Pandora logo on it though, I could've gotten a cheaper case elsewhere but I want that dang badging!

[edit] dangit rootwoot stop ninja'ing me :)

rabidpoobear said:
Bosbeetle said:

Dang Bos, really? I was so looking forward to some news next week. SO we've got another week of silence (as far as MP is concerned)?

I also thought someone mentioned the 22nd....

Please, sweet baby jesus, let it be true....

jonlad1 said:
rabidpoobear said:
Bosbeetle said:

I also thought someone mentioned the 22nd....

Please, sweet baby jesus, let it be true....

They are most likely going to be just as busy the week or weeks following CNY as the weeks leading up to it. I wouldn't expect any news until near the end of the month.

Very little info about the carrying case is a concern for pre-orderers, mocking the guy who asks for pictures of it isn't constructive.

the carying case will be like the GP2x one look that up and imagine a pandora logo on it. (i think thats the closest you'll get to a picture of it)

Sorry about the 28th comment its just something I read in the newspaper In a feature about the chinese community in rotterdam It had loads of pictures with dragons :)

dragon-dance.jpg
Dragon-dance,-Kaohsiung-was.jpg

(this is in china btw) It seems like a very colorful event :) hope all the chinese get to see their families and enjoy the new year holiday.

Bosbeetle said:
Sorry about the 28th comment its just something I read in the newspaper In a feature about the chinese community in rotterdam It had loads of pictures with dragons :)

Well you could be very much right.. Outside Wikipedia and I think something ED posted about the 22nd. I know as much as everyone else does. My guess getting production back to working order may take a day or two after a holiday.

OpenPandora might have been being a bit optimistic about how long the Chinese New Year will affect Pandora production? NO! Don't say it's so!

But I digress. It seems perfectly reasonable for customers to want to see imagery of what they're buying. Some of us...snore...and a half years ago, after all - have they not bought them yet?

I mean, Craig keeps telling us how close we are to shipping the final Pandoras - it's just aroudn the corner! So why do they seem to keep not having the "last few things" that they need to complete the orders? Surely if they really beleived that they would be shipping them last July (or pick any of the anticipated dates) they would have ordered the accessories then - wouldn't they?

That's something that keeps nagging me. They have the confidence in their dates to tell us which month it's likely to ship, but not the confidence to act on that information themselves.

To the OP - there are now apparently two types of carry case, a "soft" one and a "hard" one. No-one seems to know for sure which one (or both?) you'll get if you order a carry case, or which one might - MIGHT - look similar to the photo you have seen in this thread, as that's a softish hardish type of case (it's flexible, but it holds its shape unaided - it's not a bag with a draw string).

fischju2000 said:
They are most likely going to be just as busy the week or weeks following CNY as the weeks leading up to it. I wouldn't expect any news until near the end of the month.
^This.
fischju2000 said:
Very little info about the carrying case is a concern for pre-orderers, mocking the guy who asks for pictures of it isn't constructive.
^And this.

Back