Release Pandora config tray icon

Thank you slashjaeg, that is fully what I was searching for. It's a great update really, and nice of you notaz to include it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be reliable o_O
maybe I did something wrong ?

- created a shortcut via menu => settings => Desktop => Keyboard

- entered "kill -USR1 configbutton" as command

- chose [Fn] + [P] as shortcut

Sometimes it works instantly, sometimes I have to press the shortcut several times until the menu pops up

I have implemented user-definable CPU-speed presets. The menu now also opens when SIGUSR1 is caught.

To set custom presets, create the file cpu-speed inside ~/.config-button. Enter each CPU-speed on one line as a number in MHz. Note that the first entry in the file will be the last entry in the CPU-speed menu.

Someone will have to push my changes to the firmware updater. Changes are in my git-repo as usual.
According to your source code, the file is "~/.config-button/cpu-speed.conf" as opposed to just "~/.config-button/cpu-speed". It took me a while to figure this out when i was trying to get it to work, as you simply stated "cpu-speed" as the file name. Just wanted to clarify this for anyone else trying out this feature.

In my git-repo, I have now added a plugin-manager. This should allow for more specialized plugins to be shipped with the system by default.

plugin_manager.png

Old plugins are still compatible, however I do recommend that "third party" plugins get the symbols "plugin_name" and "plugin_desc" added. These are just global C strings with a name and a short description about the plugin. The name will be shown instead of, for example, "wifi.so".

All the plugins in my repo have a name and description now, although they could use some tweaking

EDIT: Worth mentioning: The plugin manager is accessed by right-clicking on the tray icon.

Very nice.

Finally I do want to use it again :) .

What I do miss is a program launcher.

Some menu option like the TV-out one where you have a sub menu with some programs inside?

Something I simply need to enter the command I want to execute and can add multiple commands.

BTW: is there an upgrade PND or do I upgrade via "Upgrade Pandora OS"?

It will at some point be added to "upgrade pandora OS". If it's today or weeks away? Depends on when someone gets around to bump the firmware version :p

A generic command run plugin would be possible, will probably be the next one I add.

It will at some point be added to "upgrade pandora OS". If it's today or weeks away? Depends on when someone gets around to bump the firmware version :p

A generic command run plugin would be possible, will probably be the next one I add.
I can do it. Or should I wait for extra stuff?

I can do it. Or should I wait for extra stuff?
Wait for the extra stuff.

I can wait some weeks.

No need to update twice.

If you could leave a message here when everything is ready I'd be happy :) .

Will the /tmp/ temps file be cleaned ? ;^p

Hey slashjag. I am thinking about adding a plugin for easily switching between different alsa sinks, especially for bluetooth audio, based on these scripts: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/pandora-audio-switch.77143/
I guess it is very straight forward, to directly use the existing configs, but it would be very handy to be able to setup new devices directly in the configbutton-application. At least in my version there is a "Preferences" button in the plugin options, but no plugin is using them and at first sight I did not see any preference hook used while loading plugin library files in the configLoad function.

Is there any way to define preferences or is it just the relict of a never implemented feature? :)

Best wishes, Ziz

Edit: Well, right after I wrote this, I saw, that the CPU speed plugin indeed uses the Preferences button. So I will have a look there. :D

Edit2: Hm, my CPU speed plugin just prompts a messagebox, that settings are not implemented yet. However in the source code this message is commented out and some gtk code should be run instead: https://github.com/slaeshjag/pandora-configbutton/blob/master/plugin/cpuspeed.c#L54 Is there still work in progress?

Edit3: Well, I just compiled the most recent cpu plugin myself and now I got the nice gtk option window. I guess, It will try to copy some stuff from here. :)

Last edited:
Back