Pandora Extras

shillbert

Still Fresh
I've paid for my Pandora so now I'm looking round for extras to complement it.

Can a mouse be plugged straight in the the USB?

I found this

Can anyone recommend anything better?

Would a USB freeview (I'm in the UK) dongle WORK?

What else would people recommend?

TIA

Ian

The mouse. Don't know, cant find spec's.

The Free View. According to Amazon it's a "Hi-Speed USB" which should make it a 2.0, and means it works in the Pandora... IF there are drivers for it.
B!

I bought a Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse, comes with a protective carrying pouch for around £20. You wouldn't need a dongle with that and you can be assured it works. Used it on my Linux laptop already.

I've got a 3G Huawei E1550 USB modem that will also work with it.

Plenty of things will work directly with the Pandora. Just be careful with USB mice and keyboards as they might be 1.0 or 1.1 and therefore won't work without an intermediary USB hub.

Edit: Changed 3G modem to E1550.

anyone know a place to get a good quality high speed 32gb sd card at a good price please post link

Ian_J said:
Can a mouse be plugged straight in the the USB?
If the mouse is USB 1.1, you'll need a USB 2.0 hub in order to use it. (See here for more information on this.)

jutley said:
anyone know a place to get a good quality high speed 32gb sd card at a good price please post link
Not eBay. Do not look on eBay. Almost all flash media sold there is fake, to the point that there is next to no chance of purchasing genuine flash media there.

Now I've stressed that (as usual :p ), check out Amazon UK and Play.com (though I strongly suggest avoiding third-party sellers selling via their sites, as, whilst not all sellers are bad, fakes have occasionally been known to have been sold via that method, too) - those two have the best prices you'll find in the UK for genuine cards. As far as good large cards go, Amazon seems to be cheaper at the moment - for example, £62.19 (at the time of writing) for a Verbatim Class 6 32GB card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back