Pandora gets 256MB of RAM!

mazza558

Plus, do you think we would do something like move banks without giving you guys some kind of reward for the fuss? Maybe 2 rewards? Like... oh... I dunno... something not available 5 months ago? using even more bleeding edge tech... tech which has just become available in the last 6 weeks? Maybe Baby.

That was what Craigx said on the old forums. The question is, what is it?

Re: Surprise "Bleeding edge tech" being added to the Pandora!

mazza558 said:
Plus, do you think we would do something like move banks without giving you guys some kind of reward for the fuss? Maybe >> 2 << rewards? Like... oh... I dunno... something not available >> 5 << months ago? using even more bleeding edge tech... tech which has just become available in the last >> 6 << weeks? >> M <<aybe >> B << aby.

That was what Craigx said on the old forums. The question is, what is it?

256MB RAM!

now the question is, wether there are really 2 new rewards or if he only put it that way so we could find the 256..
btw: fahrstuhl posted the same thing in the other forum (but 3 minutes earlier :p), found it on my own tho.

If this is indeed to be the case we may as well throw in 512MB of NAND too.

But don't forget this is to make up for any fuss caused when we change banks, this will mostly be related to credit card orders.

What will probably happen is some of you may get an email saying we have refunded your order please reorder here (url). Just follow the instructions and everything will be cool.

Oh and yes - that RAM is very expensive but we have decided if we want a real UMPC style device which is pretty future proof for a few years we need it. Ubuntu is 20% faster already - not to mention you will be able to run several large apps now without worrying.

Sweet!

This is awesome news, this will make the pandora so much better!

Yaaay. That's really all I can say.

Kyosys said:
Sweet!

This is awesome news, this will make the pandora so much better!

Yaaay. That's really all I can say.

Yeah, it actually makes it complete :) 128MB was too small right from the start.

Amazing. The 128 RAM was the only thing that I thought could improved when I first saw Pandora specifications. Now it's as perfect as I would want it for this handheld. Great job Pandora team.

I have a small fear now....what happens if I miss or accidentally delete the email if my cash gets refunded? Can there be a post somewhere w/ order numbers so we can check to see if we need to reorder? I used my gf's card and don't have access to watch for a refund.

undefined said:
I have a small fear now....what happens if I miss or accidentally delete the email if my cash gets refunded? Can there be a post somewhere w/ order numbers so we can check to see if we need to reorder? I used my gf's card and don't have access to watch for a refund.

Just mail them directly if you fear that any contact mail won't arrive. And give your address, name etc so they can verify it with there own order list.

will this affect the preorders though? surely if the price is to change we'd need to know as soon as possible......

They're paying it out of their own pocket, the price isn't changing.

Back