Pandora Gui Options?

StriderNo9

Still Fresh
Has anyone saw the GUI for the Pandora? I was wondering if people will be making other versions? Also has there been an agreed upon GUI through the emulators being built? One thing I have a personal problem with is when emulator X looks and functions completely different from emulator Z.

Not a big deal, but just wondering.

I would be surprised if many of emulator x looked or functioned like y or z considering a number of them will be created by different developers. It's not that they couldn't look, or function similarly, just no reason to stress developers who are working for free to create uniform looking/feeling emulators.

As for a GUI, there will most definitely be many made in the pandora's lifetime.

The default GUI for the Pandora is called Gmenu. There's already another alternative being developed independently called Pangea. I notice there are a couple of "minimal menu" entries on the Pandora Wiki Projects Under Development page too.
Useful page, that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't GMenu canned?

Isn't matchbox the default now? I thought the 'simple mode/desktop mode' idea had been abandoned in favour of using matchbox as a WM, with options for other window managers.

atomicthumbs said:
Can you elaborate?

The look, is different than those screenshots on that thread, the design has evolved a lot. It has improved :)

wonder when we can see the pandora menu (one not in a full os)
can we see an update efegea

These are the most recent blog posts for efegea's Pangea, and cpasjuste's menu:

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/pangea-drifts-back-into-view/

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/cpasjustes-minimal-menu-now-with-100-more-app-launching/

Those articles are 2-3 months old though, both projects have probably evolved since then.

borgqueenx said:
there's an idiot here giving all reply's -1's.

Probably the same idiot who was working their way through all of craigix's old posts and downmodding them. Pretty much the only time I've been using the mod buttons is to cancel out that fool's handiwork.

pelrun said:
borgqueenx said:
there's an idiot here giving all reply's -1's.
Probably the same idiot who was working their way through all of craigix's old posts and downmodding them.
That's just sad. Do they seriously have nothing better to do?

Anyways, ZiB is really shaping up, It's my first choice for a launcher gui. As a linux frontend tho I'll probably just be using matchbox. Hopefully some variation of clutter will be ported, that'd be nice. I really hope gnome-mobile gets somewhere though, I'd vastly prefer that to matchbox.

Back