Pandora Hotfix 4 Final released (2010-08-31)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since there had been no bad reports about Hotfix 4 Beta 4 yesterday, it was about time to make it final :)

It is the exact same version as Beta 4, so if you installed this already,there's no need to install the final one.

The following fixes have been included in Hotfix 4:

Code:
* Kernel: Added Bluetooth patch by urjaman. PAN (bluetooth internet connections) work fine now.
* WiFi: Fixed the problem where you could not reconnect after you lost a connections
* xf86-video-omapfb: add pandora specific screen blanking
* Nub Mousebuttons: Moving down is now middle mousebuttons. Recognition of mouseclicks with the nub has been enhanced (patch by urjaman)
* Pandora-Scripts: The internal scripts (CPU-Speed, Startup-Manager, etc.) have icons now.
* Pandora-Scripts: Added simple TV-Out script.
* Lid: Opening / Closing will not affect the powersave mode anymore.
* Enhanced brightness scripts (made the more linear)
* Powersave mode: Fixed the CPU Speed setting
* pnd_run: Added support for clockspeed setting
* libpnd: Support spaces in pathnames and PND-Names.
* Updated to a more recent XFCE4-Version
* First-Run-Wizard and Time / Date script: Fixed bug of not-appearing calendar
* New default config for vim (thanks to Nils Kneuper (Ivanovic))
* Python: Added python-misc and python-modules
* New lib: libaudiofile0 now included
* MiniMenu: New config dialogue included (will be improved in the future)
* udev 151: add rule to reserve fb2
* Leds: Fix TWL4030 PWM LED driver (thanks to Urja Rannikko)
* Pandora misc: HACK to change OPP level according to set mhz (thanks to Urja Rannikko) + OPP limiter added (by notaz)
* OMAP: DSS2: make filter coefficient tables human readable, DSS2: add some hackish FIR filter coefficient access

To install it, remove all previouse HotFix PNDs from your SD Card and put the new one there (either in /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop).

The Hotfix should install properly on ANY OS Version.

You can download it here.

A full flash image can be found here.

[/CODE]

Last edited by a moderator:
The powersave is now great. As is the wireless connection when coming out of powersave / any drop.

For me, the right nub as mouse buttons is a little tempermental now though... When using the shortcut buttons on the desktop, most of the time I'm getting a double bounce resulting in 2 browsers / file managers etc.

EDIT - actually, after a reboot the right nub seems perfect with HF4. Might have just been slight miscalibration or something.

Thanks for all the hard work that's obviously gone into this.

After the usual boot up screen... is anyone else getting a white screen with a mouse image in the middle and a stop watch? Also, for restart, is it usual to see a terminal window pop-up?

Thanks.

B

After the usual boot up screen... is anyone else getting a white screen with a mouse image in the middle and a stop watch? Also, for restart, is it usual to see a terminal window pop-up?

That's the official XFCE4 Splash screen. It came with the upgrade to a more recent version.

That's the official XFCE4 Splash screen. It came with the upgrade to a more recent version.

It was also on the original pandora firmware you could enable it in the settings, just as you can disable the mouse from the settings now :)

Eek. Just installed the Hotfix and rebooted my Pandora, now I get a DOS-style screen with Angstrom in big Ascii text and a login prompt. Typing anything into the login field and pressing enter then reveals a password prompt, but it won't register any key presses...

...help?

Eek. Just installed the Hotfix and rebooted my Pandora, now I get a DOS-style screen with Angstrom in big Ascii text and a login prompt. Typing anything into the login field and pressing enter then reveals a password prompt, but it won't register any key presses...

...help?
I believe it hides the password so you won't see anything as you type, but it is registering, if that helps.

Yes. It would be that. EDIT: How strange. :blink:

I'm just curious here, but had you installed any items on the NAND (via opkg) prior to installing the hotfix?

Sorry I don't actually have mine yet, I just know that linux hides passwords in a terminal :(

X seems to be broken.

Best to reflash - get the latest image including HF4 at the support area of the official website.

Your image code, there, needs to be in BBCode. ;)

Anyway, that looks like a pretty standard non-graphical login screen. Just to be sure, you're typing in your username correctly (as in, all lowercase, and all that), and then your password when prompted? (Please don't take any offence at my asking this. I'm just making sure all bases are covered. :) )

EDIT: Ninja'd by the edit and ninja'd by ED. :ph34r:

Back