Pandora Japanese Box for Sale Overseas *Now*

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Hello everyone, when I announced a couple of months ago the distribution of the Open Pandora in Japan, for which a whole new artwork and box were developed locally, several of you here expressed the interest of getting the Pandora box itself (since it looks pretty nice - great job by Traylorpark).

Front:

box-front-down-s2.png

Back:

box-back-down-s2.png

Instead of dealing one by one by PM with those who were interested, I decided to open a very minimal store just for that purpose.

I am putting 5 boxes for sale right now, so feel free to order if you want to have one. That number can be expanded in case more people are interested.

https://pandorafromjapan.stores.jp/

The pack contains

• the full color, high quality sleeve - made in Japan
  • the wooden box that goes with it - made in Japan
Note that these are empty. Specific requests (with stuff in the box from Japan) will be treated separately and later (when I have time).

Note that the price does not include shipping but the shipping cost will be included when you reach the order page. Payment is credit card only (sorry about this limitation but I have to deal with the limitations of the store system I am using - hope you can understand this is not up to me in this particular case).

Let me know here if you have any question. I hope this answers some of the requests I received :)

Please let me know in case you have issues as well.

LOL! I typed "¥2,200 in dollars" into Google and it said $356 dollars. I flipped. Then I realized that was in Yuan not Yin. So ran the search again and it said ~$23. Good price for such a cool box :) But i think Ill hold off for now.

LOL! I typed "¥2,200 in dollars" into Google and it said $356 dollars. I flipped. Then I realized that was in Yuan not Yin. So ran the search again and it said ~$23. Good price for such a cool box :) But i think Ill hold off for now.
Yeah be careful about where you type the conversion :) This should roughly be around 23 USD, and probably around 17 euros I guess (without shipping).

Note: making these boxes and sleeves is expensive in Japan. (not made in China :) )

How are sales going in Japan? Have any of your customers joined / posted on the boards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of your customers joined / posted on the boards?
Nope. Most of the activity on Open Pandora in Japan is happening on the 2ch boards - this is the equivalent of 4chan in the West. People don't really use other boards in Japan, they prefer it centralized. 

As for sales, no activity at this stage beyond the first few customers because I haven't done much communication right now. I am still working on the Japanese site (not the stores part, but the branding/marketing one) that will hopefully open in a couple of weeks. Besides it does not make much sense to push for sales when my supply of Pandora is very limited right now (as you know ED has like no 1ghz in stock because of the screen issues). I will communicate more aggressively once I know the supply is re-established. 

Give it a little time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck, forgot to consider the recent supply issues. Fingers crossed the screen issues will be sorted soon. :)

A) I'm not sure if I responded to the earlier thread about the box, so just in case:
Nice artwork, I like it a lot. You guys should definitely try to persuade ED to use this as the default package art (but translated, naturally).

B) I've been hearing about this LCD shortage problem, but never seen the original post. Could somebody provide a forum link for further information? (And thanks in advance)

Back